Quick Search Soft KeySupport

Last Updated:

1. danielleham

danielleham New Member This Topic's Starter

The Search box keeps popping up even though I'm hitting the back button. I've tried making sure I'm not even close to the search key. Is there a known issue with this? Any way to disable the search soft key?
    Thanks,
    Danielle

Advertisement
  2. Sui

Sui Member

Bringing this old thread back and I think it's somewhat related. I have my Captivate for months and started noticing this issue. My phone is not rooted, and factory upgraded to 2.2.

From time to time, the search function gets executed by itself for no reason. Sometime it gets called when I was typing text, and sometime it gets called when it sits idle (waiting for lock screen comes up).

This is my second Captivate as first one had screen issue so Rogers (Canada wireless provider) sent me this one with 2.2 firmware.

Any thought folks?

3. automagrt

automagrt Well-Known Member

I have the exact same issue. Had it with 2.1 and still with 2.2 which makes me think it's a hardware issue. I can't seem to reproduce it but it's very annoying when it acts up.

4. Sui

Sui Member

ur right. Can't replicate it easily but it replicated the issue by itself! Is this hardware issue?

5. automagrt

automagrt Well-Known Member

I think it's probably a defect with the soft key itself. When it happens, I've never noticed if it blinks, which would be an indicator that it's being activated or senses a touch. It's really not worth sending my phone back at this point.

6. Sui

Sui Member

Yes. It does blink when it happens.