• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

quick settings - question on volume

jwith2boys

Lurker
Dec 12, 2010
I have downloaded quick settings, however in the volume control function, I can change the specific volumes (ie, set media volume low, but alarm high).... that works but then if you cange the overall volume in the master volume function, all of the volumes return to their default rather than what I had wanted... This seems to defeat the purpose of the volume control function... is this the way it is supposed to work?

There's two ways to do volume in QS (which is by the way, my settings app of choice). The slider is available to you for you to select from a variety of "preset" volume settings. Then there's "volume control" where you can custom set your volume settings. If you use the phone's built-in "silence mode," going into and out of silent mode will toggle between silent and whatever setting you had whether you used a preset or a custom setting. I don't know if that helps.

Upvote 0
No, I don't think my phone is doing that. If I open volume control it allows me to set each volume slider, as an example I would set my ringer high and media low. The master volume wil be a single bar with the volumes' levels abbreviated above it such as r: 10 m: 2 as an example. It seems like sliding the bar should drop all volumes while keeping that ratio, but it doesn't. As soon as I move the master volume bar all those volumes go back to default with media being the highest again...is it just my phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones