Quick Steinheil Crystal Clear QuestionAccessories

Last Updated:

1. MrTissues

MrTissues Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am about to buy one for my Incredible. However, I am wondering. Does this screen protector make glare worse or is it just the same? In all the videos and pictures I have seen of the Crystal you can't even tell its on but I still wonder about the glare (from some videos I have seen).

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Twiz

Twiz Well-Known Member

I don't notice any difference in glare. I can still see my screen in bright sunlight.

3. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Glare is the same with the CC as it is naked.

4. MrTissues

Sounds good then. One last thing, the Steinheil's only come with one protector so I am wondering: the protector does not scratch easily does it? I mean it costs $15 shipped.

5. Eshyn

Eshyn Well-Known Member

$15?

I got two for less than $30.

6. dgwood12

dgwood12 Well-Known Member

I think the packs have two in them. So i've heard throughout the forums. Mine is shipping out tomorrow so I should be able to clarify when I get them.

7. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Yes, each pack contains two screen protectors. Supposedly the little donut hole from the optical joystick cutout can be used to cover the camera lens too, but I'd already pitched mine before someone posted about it. :(

8. acidarmitage

acidarmitage Well-Known Member

AGK! THATS BRILLIANT! i threw mine out! :mad:

9. Chandria

Chandria Well-Known Member

In later shipments the cut-out did not have a film on it, only the hard plastic and the blue plastic. :( So, no camera cover.

Mine also came with two in the pack.

10. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

I noticed I got about 1 inch long scratch on mine. No idea how it happened, but I'm glad it happened to the protector and not the screen itself. But overall it seems fairly scratch resistant. Screen feel and glare seems exactly the same as without it.

11. MrTissues

Well I just tried to order with my credit card and I keep getting the same error:

"There has been an error processing your credit card [​IMG]
    Please try again and if problems persist, please try another payment method."

I emailed their support but I don't expect them to actually answer, I have emailed them before but never heard back. I would really like to pay them to get a protector but I can't get them the money! What terrible business practice.

12. sirchadwick1

sirchadwick1 Well-Known Member

I just got 2 of these Steinheil crystal clear protectors... and at first I was liking it. However, scratches have started showing up on them and it's very irritating. They're hairline scratches, but I don't even keep my phone near my keys, coins, nothing. Just in my pocket alone... and I baby my Inc. As much as I hate the orange peel effect on the Invisishield, I have to say I prefer it over this as it was nearly impossible to scratch.

13. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed any extra glare using it. The scratch resistance is mediocre, but not bad. I have a very light one that's barely visible from a certain angle.

14. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Well, before you go blaming the companies website, have you tried contacting your credit card company to make sure there isn't a problem?

If it's a debit card, you may be over your spending limit (if you have one) or just out of money.

If it's a credit card, they may have flagged your account as possibly stolen and put a freeze on it. This happens when their is "unusual" activity on the card. For instance, if you rarely order online and now suddently you have done it 5 times in a week (ordering accessories) they could have flagged your account.

15. gornul

gornul Well-Known Member

Personally I'm having great results with Ghost Armor. None of that fine scratching-just-from-daily-use, and the kiosk display sold me that the stuff was impenetrable.

16. DeaconBoogie

DeaconBoogie Well-Known Member

A single package contains two screens.

17. sirchadwick1

sirchadwick1 Well-Known Member

May have to try this one... as I really don't want to go back to the Zagg stuff. I'm really surprised no one else is complaining about the Steinheil Crystal Clear getting scratches.... I read nothing but positive reviews on it before purchasing.