Quick stupid ROM question

Last Updated:

1. cdtdelta

cdtdelta Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, quick question, if I followed the instructions on theunlockr.com to root my DROID and put FROYO on it, what ROM is that listed on the site that's used? BB, Kangerade, etc?

I just wanted to see if there are any updates for it, but I don't know which one to look at.

Thanks ahead of time,
    CdtDelta

Advertisement
  2. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

I would say just get sprecovery on your phone and then find your rom of choice. I am happy with jrummys kangerade. Infact I am so happy that I have not upgraded to 5.0.9 yet as there is no need.

3. cdtdelta

Well I have ROM Manager installed on my DROID, I'm just trying to find out what the name of the ROM is that I'm running that's all.

4. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

menu > settings > about phone .... scroll to the bottom

5. cdtdelta

Yes I know that part, but where do I get the name of the ROM from? The Build Number? I don't see a name similar to the ones people talk about normally.

6. notbrant

notbrant New Member

I also have a potentially stupid questions, If i update the kernal to a different overclock speed, since im using update.zip does that change anything else about the current kernal I have, or does it only change 1 part of my kernal it claims to overclock? For example I was on the p3 website and there are multiple ones for different things, wifi tether, overclock etc, can I use one after another to "unlock" different items, or is each kernal different and I have to pick one over another?

7. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Your phone only uses one kernel. You would be replacing the kernel, not adding one. I use P3's 250-1000 kernel with bugless beast and it works brilliantly.

8. notbrant

notbrant New Member

So how do I also add wifi tether with 2.2 and BB v0.4

I also don't understand the difference between 125mhz and 250 as far as battery usage or overall speed and a having a hard time locating information on such

9. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

10. notbrant

notbrant New Member

Thanks for the link, but will this still work even if im on 2.2? I thought the one listed for droid its 2.0.2?

ALso, When i downloaded SetCPU it changed my max to 600mhz when BBv.4 comes in at 800 already?

11. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

I down loaded the one for the Moto Droid back when I was running 2.0.1 and still have the .apk on my SD card and it installed fine and works on my Froyo. (your results may vary) :)

12. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

13. cdtdelta

Ok, mine says voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFXX 49593 test-keys

14. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

I think thats one of the ealier builds. You may want to load up a more recent 2.2 from source build. I like jrummys :)

15. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

Whatever you set your max CPU speed to in SetCPU will be the max speed, BB v.4 just automatically sets it to 800 for you.

16. ccoram

ccoram Active Member

In response to the OP, I am in the exact same boat. I love the version they had on there but I too have no idea what it is. I do know they linked to a p3 kernel but I have no idea what the ROM is. I too would like to know for updating purposes. I can tell you whatever ROM they have EVERYTHING works including USB tether with no additional apps necessary.

17. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

You need to get into SetCPU, hit settings -> device selection and auto-select. As long as you have Droid selected it won't allow you to overclock.