Quick Swype QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Phil 386

Phil 386 Member This Topic's Starter

Way back when, I put Swype on my Dinc, and it was amazing for about a month. Then it said "Trial has run out" or something or other. And even if I re-installed, it just wouldnt work. Is there a full version I can download that won't expire? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Only place to get it that the forums allow us to talk about is through the beta that swype offers.

Swype has made it explicitly clear that they don't want forums/people distributing it anywhere else.

3. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

4. Phil 386

Phil 386 Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, guess i'm out of luck then unless they start offering it in the market. Which to my understand won't happen because they want it to be default on phones, like the droid x has. Oh well, back to the normal keyboard I stay. Thanks for the info, gents!

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

If you signed up for the beta you can have them resend the apk to you and it would be the most recent one :)

6. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I think most of the people who are having this problem are people who installed the previous beta from unapproved sources. If you are a legitimate beta user, I don't understand why you would not contact Swype directly about your problem. I think you would find that if you did, they'd solve it for you.

7. dumluk2002

dumluk2002 Active Member

I am a "legitimate" beta user and am having issues. I uninstalled everything then had the installer sent to me, but after a partial install , it tells me that swype is already installed and I have to uninstall...so I look and there it is again! so after uninstalling I go thru process again only to have it tell me that the package failed because swype is already installed! HELPPPP

8. disdude415

disdude415 Member

how do i get swype? where can i download the file for my evo?

9. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator