Quick way to change sound profile?General

Last Updated:

1. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to change the sound profile from, say, normal to silent without having to go through the menus? In other words, for former Storm users, the way we could click on the speaker to quickly choose profiles.

Advertisement
  2. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Well-Known Member

Download an app called Quick Profiles. Only drawback is you can't see which profile is active unless you purchase Quick Profiles Pro. Well worth the couple dollars IMO.

Bundy likes this.
  3. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

Quickest way is to use the volume rocker. All the way down drops you to vibrate, one up is silent, anything after that is sound at increasing levels.

bjanow and Bundy like this.
  4. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the help!

5. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

Quick profiles works like the post above said as well there are different goggles you can download in the market. Thy come with widgets you can put on one of your screens.

6. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Darn, couldn't figure that one out. Sometime I accidentally got it to silent without knowing how I did it. :eek: Another method is to add the Sound widget to your homescreen. But I like this way better, thanks.

7. mark959022

mark959022 Well-Known Member

You can also hold down the sleep button and choose between silent and vibrate and back.

CheezWiz likes this.
  8. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

what I would like is the ability to adjust other volume like media etc without having to start the media playing first.

9. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

I used Beautiful widgets as it comes with a widget for vibrate and for silent mode.

There is also a program called Vibrate Widget if you just need to change to vibrate.

For volume controls i use a program called "Volume Control" be revolutionary. It allows you to have presets which is very nice. I think this program should be built into the phone.

10. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Well-Known Member

Quick Profiles allows you to set different profiles according to your needs. It's not just about putting the phone on vibrate or ring. For example...

My loud setting has the ringer and notifications maxed out for when I'm in the car.
    My medium setting has the ringer at about half way, but notifications at about 70% so I can hear it when I'm in the house.
    My work setting puts everything a little lower than my medium setting...since 90% of the time, I'm sitting right next to the phone.
    Finally, my sleep setting silences all the notifications, but leaves the alarm clock and ringer at 100% (my husband is a cop who works midnights...if something happens to him, I WANT to hear the phone, but I don't want text messages and emails waking me all night)

Switching between the different profiles is as simple as 2 clicks.

11. CheezWiz

CheezWiz Well-Known Member

I am playing with "Mode Scheduler" to do what DawnGP143 does at certain times of the day automatically.