quickdesk beta

Last Updated:

1. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

Really nice so for the phone it kind took me a bit to let me put the apps on the drawer but it works really good if you put the power control widget it really helps I really recommended

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Have you been drinking?
    stainlessray likes this.
  3. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

I use this and love it. The only thing is, I think it may uae up the battery a bit.
    Can anyone confirm if the battery suffers more when using this?
  4. beezy

beezy Active Member

I used it for a while and never had any issues with it. I let it go recently cause I like power strip better. It works kinda the same way but gives a little more options and looks more polished.
  5. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Hey OP, thanks for that informational post.
  6. edriggers

edriggers Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

On a related note, I do love me some Quickdesk.
  7. uzee

uzee Well-Known Member

The quick desk and bar control apps are so far my favourite.

Previously i had my switches/toggles of wifi/3g/gps/silent/bluetooth on the desktop. Now i have these switches in quickdesk.

Thats not all - using the bar control app i can have any shortcuts in my slide down bar. So i just added the quickdesk app in my bar.

The benefit is that i can now access my switches/toggles from anywhere. For example if im using my browser and forgot to switch on wifi, while browser is open i just slide down the bar and through quick desk switch on wifi.

This means that i do not need to navigate away from the current app that is open. Normally you would have to minimise the current app open and navigate to desktop to toggle switches, then go back to the app you were using.
  8. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

yup that's my favorite part and that's why is worth specially since is free lol
  9. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member

I think Power Strip is better than quick desk. You can have as many widgets as you want, not just one screen and offers other functionality as well.
  10. uzee

uzee Well-Known Member

Yeah well using more than one screen is too much in my opinion. I mean might already have about 3 normal desktop screenz. The point of apps like quick desk is for quick simple acess.
  11. negreenfield

negreenfield Well-Known Member

I have Power Strip as well but I don't know that it's really any better for me personally. I think it depends on how you like to use widgets, etc. I'm still using Power Strip for now but I find it more of a hassle honestly to get to what I want than just using an extra homescreen for a couple of widgets I use and quickdesk.
  12. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

it was the A#1 main culprit for me WRT battery issues. weird thing is, it didn't regularly show up in SystemPanel app, as using much CPU. but when I went through my installed apps list for things to remove 1 at a time, this one made a huge difference once uninstalled.

edit: i will add, shame too....because I REALLY liked it.
  13. Sandman2055

Sandman2055 Member

I've tried both QuickDesk and Power Strip and both cause the SenseUI on my EVO to need to reload a *lot*. For instance, I'll be on a call, hang up, and then hit my home button once to get back to the home screen - and I end up standing there for 20 seconds as Sense reloads.

Any ideas on why this is happening?
  14. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

I somewhat fixed this. Try this, it helped to not FC Sense, and to not FC QD.
    QuickDesk>menu>preferences> behavior settings>uncheck "fast startup mode" and "persistent mode"

That actually helped ALOT. They never force close anymore.
  15. Sandman2055

Sandman2055 Member

I tried that, and it's helped some, but I still have Sense reload all the time. It doesn't say it has "Force Quit" and needs to restart - it just starts reloading when I single press the home button.