Quickest Way to Get an Incredible?General

Last Updated:

1. e30kid

e30kid Member This Topic's Starter

Last week, my Moto Droid was put through the washing machine. Currently, I have no phone to replace it, but I do have an upgrade at the ready in order to replace the non-functional phone with an Incredible. I want to be phone-less for the shortest amount of time possible, so I am looking for ways to get my hands on one of these phones.

Does anyone think that Best Buys across the US will periodically get shipments within the next three weeks? Or will all of the supply go directly to Verizon? I'm thinking that Best Buy would be the quickest way for me to get this phone only because the Verizon ship date is exceedingly slow.

Advertisement
  2. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

Best Buy

3. JustinD2473

JustinD2473 Well-Known Member

call every best buy in your area, you may get lucky and find one.

4. e30kid

I've looked through the inventories of the ones in my area on the website with no luck. The closest ones are in Maryland. I don't think that I can justify a 6 hour car ride for a phone.

5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

The hell you can't! This isnt any old phone ;)

NightAngel79 likes this.
  6. e30kid

I'm going to start calling around to all of the Verizon stores in my area tonight. Hopefully I catch a break.

7. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Steal one :)

NightAngel79 likes this.
  8. josh81

josh81 Well-Known Member

I would try Amazon and Verizon non-corporate stores. Good luck!!!!

9. TKollman88

TKollman88 Well-Known Member

prostitution...

10. kriskmk

kriskmk Well-Known Member

I was able to find it in Best Buy in Moreno Valley, CA a couple of weeks ago..

11. Droid Ninja

Droid Ninja Well-Known Member

Quickest way???

Try this: HUGE CONTEST: Phone-A-Day Give Away! | Android Phone Fans

12. PROJEKT

PROJEKT Member

I tried all the Best Buys in Phoenix every day last week. One time I checked, 2 stores showed inventory online, but when I called they both said they didn't have any, and were taking $50 deposits to place orders!

13. e30kid

The first reseller that I called tonight had one left in stock. I got a lucky break. I was contemplating ordering the phone from Verizon last night, but stopped at the last moment, luckily enough.

Sucks for the people who ordered!

14. xkse

xkse Active Member

I got mine from a Wireless Zone..but then again that was over a month ago...

15. memillh

memillh Well-Known Member

I've been able to find them at Best Buy - twice. I looked to see if they had inventory online - and follow-up with a call. It's hit or miss, but they randomly seem to be getting them in.

16. Reddman6988

Reddman6988 Well-Known Member

I ordered mine, I didn't even check around honestly. I have regretted my decision ever since...

17. justbrae1

justbrae1 Well-Known Member

5 finger discount

18. captainm27

captainm27 Well-Known Member

Yes, your best bet is Best Buy. Go to your nearest Best Buy, and ask one of the techs to do a search for you. Their inventory tracker is much better than the Bestbuy.com search. That's how I got my phone. I went to a best buy and the guy did his own search and found one for me at another nearby best buy.

Oh, and as for the six hour trip, take a friend, a camera, some food, and make a mini vacation out of it and get the phone.

19. Ryobi

Ryobi Banned

I'd say the quickest way to get one is to, err, nevermind.

20. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

MURDER one of those guy ^^ not me though.

21. Steveolq

Steveolq New Member

When I walk into Costco three weeks ago they had three Inc, so I bought one. Love it!

22. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

Call the Best Buys near you. If they have one, ask them to reserve it for you.

23. football0552

football0552 Member

I didn't have any around my middle of nowhere location, and thought amazon was in stock. Ordered it, found out estimated ship date was the 23rd, but it will be here Friday. I ordered on 6/5. I originally ordered through verizon 5/26 and it wouldn't have been here until the like 6/14.

24. thedaego

thedaego Member

All retail stores are getting small shipments at random intervals. Pick 5-10 stores (Best Buy / Verizon retailers ) within your area and just call every other hour to see if they have them in stock. Eventually one of them will although it might take a day or two. This is how I bought mine yesterday from a Verizon retailer in Bowie, MD. took about 2 days worth of store 'monitoring' but that sure beats a 3 week delivery wait. ;)

25. thirtyfour41

thirtyfour41 Well-Known Member

quickest way? i spent an afternoon scouring craigslist for a decently priced one, since i had planned on buying an unlocked out of contract phone anyway. i found one about an hour from me, and had it in my hands the next morning. bad part? still cost me $550. was at least hoping to save a little money not buying retail, but i am too impatient to wait for stock to replenish :)

i also spent a week beforehand checking every freaking cell phone dealer in the area with no luck. so needless to say, i was getting even more impatient, and the stores were not being very optimistic about new stock coming in when they said it would.

EDIT: Although be real careful on craigslist. I was warned there are a lot of dirty ESN's people are trying to sell. Make sure seller verifies ESN with you at the Verizon store. That's where I met my seller, and she did it in the store for me before I gave her any money.