1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

quickly changing GSM networks?

Last Updated:

1. javier__d

javier__d New Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking for an app to allow me to quickly switch GSM networks. I live in the border area between two countries and the signal conditions for my provider change quickly. Ideally I'd like to be able to instruct my android to try to connect to my GSM network with one click without having to go through the menus and wait to search for available networks.

Anyone knows whether something like that exists?

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Do you want to be able to connect to the foreign network or not, your post does not imply that.

If the only thing you want is not to get connected to the foreign network make sur eyour provider search is set to manual and not automatic.

3. javier__d

javier__d New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for not being clear. Yes, I want to be connected to foreign network if my network is not in range. It's just that it happens quite often that I stay connected to the foreign network even when there is my network already available. It's probably because the signal of my network is weak? However, if I manually switch to my network all works fine.

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Have you tried using a widget to switch to airplane mode? If your network is available and you switch the phone to airplane and back to normal it should pick the native network up. That will all last around 15 seconds.