Quickly turning volume to vibrate w/o unlockingSupport

1. dlaxman31

dlaxman31 Well-Known Member

I recently got my S4 and can't seem to figure out how to turn vibration and/or the ring tone volume up without unlocking the phone.

Am I missing something?

Advertisement
    :
  2. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

Press and hold the power button - you should see the option to toggle vibration there
  3. dlaxman31

dlaxman31 Well-Known Member

I was looking to maybe be able to turn the volume up or down as well instead of just: on/vibrate/off
  4. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

On mine if the screen is off you have to hit the power button briefly to illuminate the screen, then press and hold the power button.

There is also a feature that you can turn on that if your phone rings you can shut it up by placing it face down on a desk. I have not tried that.
  5. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

You really don't want that. My Droid 2 Global would do that and you could end up turning your ring volume down/off accidentally. It would just require two buttons be hit at the same time (power & volume rocker).
  6. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

The volume buttons do work when the screen is off. If your listening to music, with the screen off, use the volume buttons to adjust the sound. If nothing is playing then the volume changes the ringer volume instead.