quickoffice cant be uninstalled but its corrupt

Last Updated:

1. maximillion82

maximillion82 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I bought a Nexus One rooted, I tried to open a PDF attachment in the email app and although I have adobe reader installed quickoffice took over, I tried to uninstall quickoffice, but the button is gray faded, so are all the other buttons in the application management for quickoffice. I won't ever use the app I just want it removed or thrown so far in the background that it never interferes with anything again, since the app doesn't work at all.

I was reading through other forums and couldn't find any solutions, only problems about this.
    Does anyone here have the same issue? Could it be solved?
    Thank you all for helping out.

Advertisement
  2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Quick Office is a stock app, so you can't uninstall it if you're unrooted...but as you're rooted...you can delete that app but I don't know how XD You might want to check out the Nexus One Root section that tells you how.

From another thread, you can try this:

3. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Spare Parts does not allow for uninstallation of QuickOffice.

I know that on Enomther's ROM (latest) I keep getting FC's witht he stock HTC QuickOffice app, however, I have the one from a Motorola ROM that works fine (it's not free, so I can't link it (sorry)), but if you can find that and re-install, then it should work.

4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Really o_O I wonder why that is...I thought you can uninstall all stock apps once rooted...why do you need a custome ROM to get rid of Quick Office? :confused: So what other stock apps have this issue?

5. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

I think QuickOffice is part of the OS Framework. I can't find the app anywhere that would be "normal". All I know is that installing the Moto version that I have is how I fixed it.

I am thinking about flashing CyanogenMOD RC3 and seeing how it works. If I don't like it, I can just restore my Nandroid and go back to Enomther. :D

6. uoY_redruM

uoY_redruM Well-Known Member

Its not free, but RootExplorer will work.

I posted on XDA asking this question (in reference to stock apps I don't like) and didn't even think about RootExplorer till someone there mentioned it.

7. Espike

Espike Well-Known Member

TitaniumBackup can uninstall system apps. You could also reset defaults: Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>QuickOffice>Clear Defaults. This will allow you to set Adobe or whatever other PDF reader you like as the default the next time you try to open one.

Talderon likes this.
  8. DellyBelly

DellyBelly Well-Known Member

Titanium backup will allow you to uninstall and delete apps also; I have the entry for Quickoffice, but kinda use it so don't want to test it; but it's there for uninstallation or deletion.