QuickOffice won't open ExcelSupport

1. maryj459

maryj459 Member

Hey! Just got my Di and I love it!! :) One problem I've run into is that Quick Office will not open an Excel spreadsheet. I originally had it saved as an xlsx file with a password and I got an error msg when trying to view it with Quick Office.

So, I removed the password, tried it again - still no luck. Tried back saving it to an xls file...it tries to open, but all I get is a dark screen (w/out any error msgs)....

Any ideas? Give it up and buy a better app?

Thanks in advance! ~mj

Advertisement
  2. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

Touchdown works. Quickoffice usually not.
  3. maryj459

maryj459 Member

Thanks, Lars....I'll look into Touchdown. Also heard docs2go or something like that is another app I should look into.
  4. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

Sorry brain fade. Docs to go is what I meant.
  5. 34.50

34.50 Well-Known Member

Touchdown is for Exchange email. Docstogo free version let's you view most files, but wont let you edit or create new documents.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  6. kimf

kimf Active Member

I have been playing with QuickOffice and I have found it will open .xlsx documents if it has 1 sheet. If there are multiple sheets in the spreadsheet, it won't open.

I can't edit my spreadsheet and can't seem to determine if that is even an available functionality. At the top there is the "fx" bar, I would assume I could doubleclick or long press on the box to edit it, but I can't get it to work. Has anyone been able to edit?
  7. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

documents to go if you want to edit or view more complicated files.
    kimf likes this.
  8. mrootes

mrootes Well-Known Member

Lars, i see that docs 2 go has a pay version for $15 on the market. It says you can edit documents. Do you know if they mean that also create new documents that can be saved as .doc formats?

I am looking for something that will allow me to not only modify a Word Document, but maybe create one that I can send to someone and they can open it with Word.
  9. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

Yes the free version is view only. The pay version allows editing. I'm pretty sure it can save in both doc and docx.
  10. bateli

bateli Member

I use an app that displays really well Excel files and many types of files
    I think it costs $ or 2, But it's totally worth it.
    it's Called : Documento - Office Viewer
    good luck