• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

QuickPic sold to Cheetah Mobile

Does Google Photos or Gallery give you the ability to hide specific folders?

I've also tried Photos, but I keep bumping up against the folder problem. It might be old fashioned, but if an app doesn't give me direct access to the folders and instead gives me an overview of all images on my device, I'm less inclined to use it.

I also love the ability in QuickPic to show/hide folders very easily, but also very much behind the scenes.

Come to think about it, there's just too much about it that I don't want to give up.

Upvote 0
I didn't need to read the permissions to know they were up to no good. Every new update of clean master brought a new annoyance. Swipe to clean, swipe for shortcuts, weather widget, useless notificAtions, "your device is susceptible to the heartbleed virus. Install our antivirus". Like their mission was to take over your phone. Every update a new step in the invasion. The junk cleaner had become junk itself slowing down my device. Performance increased when I got rid of clean master.

Upvote 0
Here's the one I modded to not update from the Play Store. This way you don't have to turn off play store auto updates...

QuickPic452.apk

We can always mod future releases as long as it remains unsullied.

Thanks for the apk. Had the 4.5.3 update on all my devices. Took a few minutes and deleted QP from my devices and installed your apk and made sure that auto update was off.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the apk. Had the 4.5.3 update on all my devices. Took a few minutes and deleted QP from my devices and installed your apk and made sure that auto update was off.

Hey no problem. Just a note, I disabled the apks ability to update from the play store so that you can keep auto updates enabled if you wish.

Upvote 0
More like
Updated today.
There's also a new permission, it can now receive Push Notifications...
evil-laugh-ursula.gif

Upvote 0
A+ Gallery | Albums lists one image from each folder and gives the folder name. Click on the image to see the contents. Click image to select it. Click three dots and select information for full file information.

Swipe left or right to see the previous or next image.

The A+ user interface takes a little work to learn.

... Thom

Last edited:
Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
A+ Gallery | Albums lists one image from each folder and gives the folder name. Click on the image to see the contents. Click image to select it. Click three dots and select information for full file information.

Swipe left or right to see the previous or next image.

The A+ user interface takes a little work to learn.

... Thom

You're not wrong, it does take a little work to learn it.

But it does have the folder view and it is adequate, so I'll give it a fair try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones