• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Quiet hours and profiles?

MacFett

Android Expert
Mar 28, 2011
Sietch Tabr
I use agent app on my HTC one to automatically silence it at night and turn the sound on again in the morning, I was hoping to do this without an app for my kid's moto x. Is this not something in stock android? I have it in cm11.

Also is there a way to enable profiles? Two of my kids share this device and I would like for them each to have their own setup.

I use agent app on my HTC one to automatically silence it at night and turn the sound on again in the morning, I was hoping to do this without an app for my kid's moto x. Is this not something in stock android? I have it in cm11.

That's something in the Assist app. I'm not sure which Moto X you are talking about; in the 2013 Moto X, there is an app called "Assist" where you can turn off sound between specific hours (optionally allowing calls from favorite contacts and optionally as well from people who call twice in a row.) In the 2014 Moto X, I believe that there is an app called "Moto" where you'll find Assist. You tap the gear icon top right and choose Assist, then sleeping, etc.

Also is there a way to enable profiles? Two of my kids share this device and I would like for them each to have their own setup.

Not yet but that *should* be coming with Lollipop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones