• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quietest. Forum. Ever.

When I read about the Droid 4 and all the raves about its camera and keyboard, I wanted Sprint to have it sooo bad because the best slider on Sprint was the Epic 4G.

Guess what, it still is. Last I looked, a few days ago, Sprint is still selling used Epics but doesn't have the Photon Q at all, yet they do still sell a couple of other sliders with worse specs than the Epic.

Somewhere in the transition, Sprint ordered the camera replaced with one that is pretty crappy (unless all the Droid 4 ravers were frelling liars), high resolution all right but zoom in and it's all soft, and did something awful with the keyboard. It's always missing letters or double or triple bouncing them.

But it has a faster CPU than the Droid 4 so that's alright, eh?

The camera is so bad I carry a nice Nikon Coolpix S6200 all the time. If someone would produce a better keyboard driver or whatever for it, the Photon Q would be much more tolerable to use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones