• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quotes?

one of my favorite quotes is in my sig. both are quite good actually. they are from one of my favorite authors and books douglas adam and the hitchhiker's guide to the universe.

Slartibartfast: Perhaps I'm old and tired, but I think that the chances of finding out what's actually going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say, "Hang the sense of it," and keep yourself busy. I'd much rather be happy than right any day.
Arthur Dent: And are you?
Slartibartfast
: Ah, no. Well, that's where it all falls down, of course.

Upvote 0
"With great power comes great responsibility." -drawing a blank on the OQ

Spiderman
Peter Parker's Uncle Ben actually.

The Ability to speak does not make one intelligent. --Qui-Gon Jinn

It is too bad stupidity is not painful. --Peter H. Gilmore or Anton LaVey (I've seen it attributed to both)

Good Artists Copy, Great Artists Steal --Steve Jobs

Upvote 0
There's the one in my sig - from The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger), and then there's this one that I've always liked...

"And you know what? Accidents don't happen to people who take accidents as personal insults. If a bolt of lightning struck a friend of his, the old man would take it personal."

-Michael Corleone on his father in The Godfather (Mario Puzo)

I hope it's fine mine are all novels. And there's one I really like from Fight Club (Chuck Palahniuk) - but it's a bit offensive and probably best left unsaid. But it's right at the end of the novel. :D

Upvote 0
Since today is his birthday I thought I'd share some of my favorite author's quotes:

The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences.

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!

Heaven knows where I'll end up - but it's a safe bet that I'll never be at the top of anything! Nor do I particularly care to be.

I couldn't live a week without a private library - indeed, I'd part with all my furniture and squat and sleep on the floor before I'd let go of the 1500 or so books I possess.

I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.

H.P. Lovecraft 20 August 1890 - 15 March 1937

Reactions: 9to5cynic and jmar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones