QWERTY Androids most popular in the USSupport

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

QWERTY Android phones most popular in US

Although the Moment is #10 on that list, it should be noted that the Nexus 1 isnt even top 10 (in sales). But we know the N1 is really good. Just goes to show, the most popular smartphones phones aren't always the best phones out.

Too bad the newer phones set for this year seem to mostly be touchscreen only devices :(

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

FTA- " It’s (comically) sad that the Samsung Moment is dead last on the top ten Android phone list. Looks as though not even a slide out keyboard could get the thing to sell."

Take a almost total lack of marketing, combine with unresponsive manufacturer to kill word of mouth and see what you can accomplish?

3. Eazail70x7

I didn't see the N1 on the list, so does that mean it did even worse? (Just curious, thats all)

4. Keo

Keo Active Member

I so agree with the last part of your post. I'm a former Sidekick user and I must say that phone had the best keyboard EVER. I've got pretty big hands and can't stand touchscreen only phones. I also hate qwerty keyboards that don't have a dedicated number row. The Moment is the only Android phone with a dedicated number row which is great but at the same time I'm having awful battery issues which has me looking for another phone. It sucks because there's no other phone out there.

:(

Eazail70x7 likes this.
  5. gmjlopez

gmjlopez Well-Known Member

FAIL - The N1 doesn't have a QWERTY Keyboard. Its all touch screen.

6. gmjlopez

gmjlopez Well-Known Member

The Moment is #10 Cause Samsung put out a crappy QWERTY phone. I feel like I went backwards with this phone.

7. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

Crazy, I really like this phone and because of the qwerty keyboard I bought it. Looks like EVO 4g here I come after this though. I love this phone but 4G FTW!:)

8. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

This is the only phone that sells outside the provider network. Though the sales are relatively low, I'm not sure that Google is disappointed. The phone brought a big splash in the media, awareness to the platform and probably helped sales of the droid, Eris, Cliq, hero, etc. with the exception apparently of the Moment (good marketing job Sprint/Samsung!). I think it was also Google's intention for the N1 to force it's manufacturers to up their hardware game. Considering Androids growth since the N1 was announced, it may go down as a sales failure and a spectacular marketing success.

9. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The list is of top smartphones. Not top QWERTY phones. Last I checked the iPhone didn't have a keyboard and its at the top of that list.

Eazail70x7 likes this.
  10. Eazail70x7

Its not that bad and once 2.1 hits, it will be pretty good. (I'm loving the leaked version still though)