QWERTY prediction only working in certain apps

Last Updated:

1. alexp86

alexp86 Member This Topic's Starter

The prediction mode on the keyboard only seems to work in certain apps. It's definitely switched on and works fine when writing a text message or email, however it doesn't work when in the internet browser (e.g. when using google search) or when typing in the search box in the Android Market.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? It's really annoying! I have the latest firmware and haven't modified it, etc.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

I think it's normal :(. My partner has the Desire and I've found that to be the same case. Messages, works fine but, Android market or google search....nothing. I dont think it works at all on the browser but im not sure tbh, havent used it enough but, yeah it's hella annoying :(.

alexp86 likes this.
  3. alexp86

alexp86 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the quick reply :) Ah well, at least I know there's not something wrong with my phone - it is very annoying though!

4. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Yup :(.

Also found it does work on other sites though. A site I was on yesterday, during the day, didn't make use of it. But i used it briefly again last night and the site I was on then, let me use prediction text. Very annoying though, I would of thought Google would definitely have used it :(.

5. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member

The prediction doesn't work in situations where you would be more likely to type non dictionary words. (According to the phone)

6. HYCAET

HYCAET Guest

Use the HTC_IME mod keyboard and it will always stay on predictive text.