R-Box Rockchip 2918 Google TV

1. mirmatt

mirmatt New Member

hi guys, this is my first post.
    i have the same rockchip tv-box and i'm quite happy.
    my doubt is about wireless mouse and keyboard, today i bought a set from TRUST, model wireless deskset, but it didn't work.
    Do you have any model suggestion, do you find a working wireless mouse?
    Hi, thanks for all information.
  2. Dual_HD

Dual_HD Well-Known Member

have you tried to playback moves which is 1080P H.264 format with bitrate 45Mbps and file size bigger than 4GB on your box?
    I think you will have trouble to play most of the 1080P files on Rbox.
  3. bthoven

bthoven Well-Known Member

I don't have this box, but I have another Rockchip box http://androidforums.com/google-tv/...-gingerbread-really-plays-outputs-fullhd.html

I use Visenta v1 RF wireless keyboard/touchpad and it works really well. It came with its own RF usb dongle.
    mirmatt likes this.
  4. mirmatt

mirmatt New Member

thanks bthoven for answer, i'll search for it.
  5. clamel

clamel Member

Hi I just bought Logitech Wireless Combo MK260 (keyboard + mouse) and it works great with rockchip tv box.. You do not have to connect the usb receiver into the port labeled
    "device"..

regards
    mirmatt likes this.
  6. clamel

clamel Member

Hi, I have a question.. what kind of cable did you use to connect tvbox to your pc? did you find it in the package?
  7. sstavross

sstavross Member

No, it isn't in the package. You have to buy one from any PC shop. It costs about 2-3 euros.
    clamel likes this.
  8. mirmatt

mirmatt New Member

thanks to clamel.
  9. mirmatt

mirmatt New Member

i did not connected the tv-box to pc yet, but in my package there was an usb male-male cable that i think is for.
    clamel likes this.
  10. Hi bthoven, do you have some pictures or videos showing the diference between the video output on this two devices?

thx
  11. HI, I have a question.
    Is possible to install psx, SNES andN64 emulators in this device?
  12. clamel

clamel Member

Yes I installed mame4droid and it works.. sometimes it crashes, but it is a problem of my tvbox device, beacause it also crashes if I use others programs..

I did a search in the market using "PSX" keyword and I found some psx emulators..
    xmancool likes this.
  13. Thanks.
    I saw PSX and N64 amulator running great on Flexiview FV-1, so i am thinking this box could run better because of the fastest CPU.
  14. dreanmoon

dreanmoon New Member

I tried three usb bluetooth and does not work
    does not support bluetooth?.....
    WIRELESS keyboard "mini chat board" of SPEEDLINK for PS3 work, it is comfortable and small
  15. ftanl

ftanl Member

Hardly any of these chinese android devices have good support..I've always relied on the custom roms for stable and feature added firmwares. Speaking of which, are there any available yet?
  16. nero037

nero037 New Member

I have received a file from my seller, after i request for firmware upgrade. he send me an .img file. how to update the firmware for G BOX (rockchip 2918) ??

When this may work, will post the file for others.
  17. sstavross

sstavross Member

Hi nero037. In this link there are instructions of how to update the firmware:
    Firmware Update

Please tell us your findingsand if you want post the img file you have so I can test it too.
    Thanks!
  18. karenkilroy

karenkilroy New Member

hello, I also have one of these. Have you found out how to customize the Internet TV menu?
  19. This box allows to install apks from SDcard?
  20. nero037

nero037 New Member

I got the link to download Rockchip 2918 firmware. I have try this with G-Box, without any luck.

download, unzip and add file to a SD card or Hard disk. Restart G-Box and it will update the firmware

http://sharecash.org/download.php?file=2462994
  21. clamel

clamel Member

you can install a different launcher.. I tried Launcher Pro, and it's vey good!
  22. sstavross

sstavross Member

Hi!

First, I can't download the file, it asks me to give my phone number. Can you upload it on a different hoster?

Second what do you mean when you say that you "have try this with G-Box without any luck"? Did G-Box load the new firmware and not working or didn't load the firmware at all?
  23. nero037

nero037 New Member

It seems like it update, but i dont see any difference.

ShareCash Download - Make Money by Uploading Files!

That is where i got the file from, just add phone number, it will work, did for me.
  24. sstavross

sstavross Member

No my friend, I don't give my phone number to unknowns in internet! If you can upload it somewhere else I'll download it and maybe can root it...