R.java file missing/dissapeared

Last Updated:

1. bcools

bcools New Member

Hi All,

I am a new to Android. I am using the Eclipse IDE for the development.Currently i am practicing / learning temperature converter app on Android 4.1 (API16)..latest one (i think..)

This has happened to me for the first time.
    When I am building the application in the IDE the R.java file got disappeared and gives me an error in the .java file where there are any references to the r.id.components.

I have tried to clean project many times.. The below is the error i got on eclipse console..also checked in to the files mentioned in to the file..but found noting..

"[2012-08-12 14:52:48 - HelloWorld3] W/ResourceType( 5012): Bad XML block: header size 91 or total size 0 is larger than data size 0

[2012-08-12 14:52:48 - HelloWorld3] D:\WORKSPACE\HelloWorld3\res\menu\hello3.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'title' with value '@string/menu_settings')."

Could any one guide me and help me to fix this..

waiting to hear from you guyss..

2. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

Moved to Dev 101.

To try and answer your question, it's most likely caused by errors in one or more of the XML files in your project's res folder. If any of your XML resources fail to compile, the R.java file will not be generated (and will be deleted if it was already generated before).
  3. redbulletnl

redbulletnl Member

check youre manifest file ;)