• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help R2-D2 Theme from the droid

Don't worry too much about flashing a rom. The process has many fall backs and recovery routines. The big risk would be to have a power failure in the middle of the flash process.
Just got a streak on friday and tried to get it up to 2.2 (there is a custom rom with this version) but could not get it to do the last step (actually flashing the 2.2 rom) but to get to that point I had to 1) flash to O2 1.6 2) flash to OS 2.1 then finally try the 2.2, and to get back to ATT 1.6 I had to go though the process in revers!!
So I ended up flashing rom over 6 time (tried several times in the learning process :) ) and there were always recovery for each step and in fact this is what saved me in the end when I couldn't get 2.2 to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones