R2D2 Boot animation problems

Last Updated:

1. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I was trying to put an R2D2 boot screen on, and followed this link from XDA

xda-developers - View Single Post - Droid X R2-D2 editon boot animaion if anyone want it

All the files he used and stuff are here

I tried it first by manually pushing the files to the /system/media

Just got the shining ANDROID screen.

So then I made his batch file and ran it, again just the shining android screen.

I have a feeling I have to do it in the /data/local directory, but I am not experienced enough with this to make the changes to his boot animation files to make it work in the /data/local/

but it is a pretty cool boot screen, someone I am sure can help me out there, I am slowly learning all this root stuff and having a blast with my phone now.

Yes I know this is for the DroidX, I was hoping I would be able to make it work for the eris...if not then I am off to search for other ones...

This is the video of the animation in case no one has seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9yps2fdZSQ

Advertisement
  2. tgulch22

I am still researching this too, and have determined that a) I cannot use the /system/media for boot animation because I am not using a ROM that supports that...btw nonsensikal 13.7...I have seen something about pulling the bootanimation out of the system/bin file on the ROM and then using one from a ROM that supports the sound. I would this mean reflashing my ROM with the bootanimation file from a sound enabled ROM in the system/bin dir in my ROM?

Also I think the way to do this is to use a desc.txt file and the gif images...am I correct in assuming that?

3. tgulch22