• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

R2D2 on Droid x

Hi Steven58 and others who have this app running,

I'd like more info about specifics with this app. I found the Team Black Hat Download Manager on Appbrain but all it says on that page is:

"This app will allow you easy access to download new software releases from Team Black Hat. This program is only for Motorola Droid phones, Droid 1, Droid X and Droid 2 phones."

Does this require root? I'm assuming from what I read above that these releases are at least in part the boot animations (which I would like to have as well) - are there any issues with any of these releases? Can you download an OS (such as Froyo, Eclaire, etc), Are there any other costs associated with these?

I tried to access the Black Hat home page but it is unavailable (it says "This website is coming soon". I would just like to have some more info about an app that I have to pay for (I know it's only 2 bucks but still I'd like to have a little more knowledge about it). Thanks for any info anyone can provide!

Upvote 0
Hi Steven58 and others who have this app running,

I'd like more info about specifics with this app. I found the Team Black Hat Download Manager on Appbrain but all it says on that page is:

"This app will allow you easy access to download new software releases from Team Black Hat. This program is only for Motorola Droid phones, Droid 1, Droid X and Droid 2 phones."

Does this require root? I'm assuming from what I read above that these releases are at least in part the boot animations (which I would like to have as well) - are there any issues with any of these releases? Can you download an OS (such as Froyo, Eclaire, etc), Are there any other costs associated with these?

I tried to access the Black Hat home page but it is unavailable (it says "This website is coming soon". I would just like to have some more info about an app that I have to pay for (I know it's only 2 bucks but still I'd like to have a little more knowledge about it). Thanks for any info anyone can provide!

Hi,

1) Yes, you must be rooted.
2) No issues with the releases. The r2 rom does state that some features may not work. In my case, my skype didn't work.
3) You can download Froyo. I don't really know of folks who want to go backwards to Eclair.
4) Black hat is an app that will provide you with some interesting ROMS. As I understand it, pretty much everything they have you can get elsewhere, pretty much. I bought it, but find that it is unnecessary.

Reactions: WTF
Upvote 0
I got the notification sounds from somewhere (can't remember where, but it can't be that hard to find the zip file). I am not rooted, and I get to entertain my kids for a while letting them play all the R2 sounds...I secretly get a kick out of them too, but don't tell anyone! :)

I find it necessary to quote this so you can't change it in the future :p

Personally I use R2D2 sounds for all my notifications at the moment :cool:

Reactions: Trooper
Upvote 0
Do you (or anyone else) happen to have just the R2D2 sounds? I was wanting to check them out to see if any would be cool (and loud enough) to use for text notifications.

Thanks!

Since GMB was kind enough to immortalize my post ;), I will give you the link to his post that has the zip file. Once I DL'd it to my SD card, I copied and pasted them all into my media>audio>notifications folder and can apply them to anything. And they are VERY loud since they are all high pitch sounds. Favorite one: Scream! :)

Upvote 0
Since GMB was kind enough to immortalize my post ;), I will give you the link to his post that has the zip file. Once I DL'd it to my SD card, I copied and pasted them all into my media>audio>notifications folder and can apply them to anything. And they are VERY loud since they are all high pitch sounds. Favorite one: Scream! :)

Cheers and thanks to both you and GMB!

Upvote 0

There is one R2D2 sound that I use for all my emails that is not included in that download. the R2D2_Soundfile. I'll attach it here because its my favorite. I think it was included in one of the ROMs I tired but I don't remember which one. Credit goes to who's ever ROM that was most likely P3Droid ;) Unzip and throw in the notifications folder.

GMB

Attachments

• R2D2.zip
    133.2 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: Trooper
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones