Root R800x Bootloader Cracked!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NeoandGeo, Aug 4, 2011.

1. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Active Member

May 26, 2011

Advertisement

007shark and Degga_D like this.
  2. darkalchemyxex

darkalchemyxex Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2011
  3. 007shark

007shark Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Male
    Electronics Tech
    FL
    I now have an unlocked bootloader and rooted Play! woohoo!!! Now just waiting for kernels and ROMs for the R800x.

4. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Roseville, CA
    I am thinking about getting this phone, the Verizon one. I am a little confused, is it able to be rooted? And what does Locked/unlocked bootloader mean? I have a LG Ally so I am familiar with rooting, just not the bootloader thing...

5. Silvist

Silvist Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Student
    San Francisco, CA
    You have the R800x? Might be a silly question but I was curious if it was the Verizon version. If so how did you get your lock code? I looked on XDA at the post talking about it, and msged one of the guys working on it with my info. From what I read they can generate the lock code you need, but they've yet to reply yet.

I was just curious how easy it was to do, since I've never messed with bootloaders before. I've used CWM, and roms and stuff, but never this lol. I guess from what I read, there's no real clear directions on exactly what you have to do. Obviously you gotta take some img and boot your phone with it. The question is how? Is there a button combination I have to do to get my phone into bootloader? Do I need to use ADB in this process at all?

Reason I'm asking all this is I want to make sure of what I'm doing before I make a "OPPS" and brick my phone. As of now I see no reason to root or unlock the bootloader on my phone till roms/overclocking/kernels are out. I see that plenty is out for the GSM version of the xperia play, so I'm guessing its just a matter of time

6. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Active Member

May 26, 2011
    CyanogenMod 7 first release for the R800x comes out tomorrow according to XDA. I wouldn't recommend flashing it until some of the initial testers post their results. The team doesn't have an actual R800x to properly test. But with a completely unlocked bootloader, I expect a properly working rom very soon.

7. 007shark

Jul 24, 2010
    Male
    Electronics Tech
    FL
    I am currently running DoomLord's Kernel v3 with FTSv05 CDMA ROM. Everything is working great. I had some issues with Google Navigation but that was because it was missing TtsService.apk in /system/app. I successfully used CM7 as well with chevyowner's mod. I prefer the FTSv05 myself though.

8. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Roseville, CA
    So how do we unlock our bootloader?

9. 007shark

Jul 24, 2010
    Male
    Electronics Tech
    FL
  10. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Roseville, CA
    So once we unlock our bootloader, with some software or something they give us after we give them our MEID number, we can root?