• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root R800x Bootloader Cracked!

I now have an unlocked bootloader and rooted Play! woohoo!!! Now just waiting for kernels and ROMs for the R800x.

You have the R800x? Might be a silly question but I was curious if it was the Verizon version. If so how did you get your lock code? I looked on XDA at the post talking about it, and msged one of the guys working on it with my info. From what I read they can generate the lock code you need, but they've yet to reply yet.

I was just curious how easy it was to do, since I've never messed with bootloaders before. I've used CWM, and roms and stuff, but never this lol. I guess from what I read, there's no real clear directions on exactly what you have to do. Obviously you gotta take some img and boot your phone with it. The question is how? Is there a button combination I have to do to get my phone into bootloader? Do I need to use ADB in this process at all?

Reason I'm asking all this is I want to make sure of what I'm doing before I make a "OPPS" and brick my phone. As of now I see no reason to root or unlock the bootloader on my phone till roms/overclocking/kernels are out. I see that plenty is out for the GSM version of the xperia play, so I'm guessing its just a matter of time

Upvote 0
CyanogenMod 7 first release for the R800x comes out tomorrow according to XDA. I wouldn't recommend flashing it until some of the initial testers post their results. The team doesn't have an actual R800x to properly test. But with a completely unlocked bootloader, I expect a properly working rom very soon.

Upvote 0
CyanogenMod 7 first release for the R800x comes out tomorrow according to XDA. I wouldn't recommend flashing it until some of the initial testers post their results. The team doesn't have an actual R800x to properly test. But with a completely unlocked bootloader, I expect a properly working rom very soon.

I am currently running DoomLord's Kernel v3 with FTSv05 CDMA ROM. Everything is working great. I had some issues with Google Navigation but that was because it was missing TtsService.apk in /system/app. I successfully used CM7 as well with chevyowner's mod. I prefer the FTSv05 myself though.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones