RA-hero-v1.5.3.1 can't get ADB access, device malfunctioned(unknown device)

Last Updated:

1. Lechy

Lechy Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, people...

Just wondering if there is a way out of my situation, last night I installed the latest recovery image (RA-hero-v1.5.3.1), prior to that I put the latest Villian Rom on to update, but I think I messed things up, with some of the new menus in the Recovery rom as I accidently hits a few things :-(

Messages I'm getting are on almost every option I try is : E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0 (no such file or directory)
    and
    E:Can't mount SDCARD:/nandroid/

If I try any other options aswell I get "Error: Run 'bart' via adb" which is no good when I get the adb messages as for some reason my windows 7 pc has stopped detecting the phone in adb mode?!

The normal Hero bootloader get's detected fine in windows, is there anything I can do here to restore the system. I think some messages flashed by saying missing image! Which don't sound good.

UPDATE: Some more details: was messing around with the new partition options in the recovery menu, wasn't meant to actually use them but one of them went through and done some partitioning or something, so I think I screwed it up there somehow. Maybe my SD card needs formatting in a certain way(which I don't know), I have my original SD card contents backed up with nandroid backup but was done with an older version of the recovery image. Also, when I mount the SD card in Windows there is one partition that I cannot remove or format etc... hope all this helps in a solution.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Sorry for lack of phone details, as I can't get any info due to no rom being installed.

But it's a HTC Hero, SIM Free, Not sprint, Latest kernel as im aware, latest recovery image(recovery-RA-hero-v1.5.3.1.img).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

I get the BART error too..

Have you tried reflashing Villain w/o wipe?

3. Lechy

No I can't do anything as I get the message,
    Code (Text):
    1. Build : RA-hero-v1.5.3.1
    2. E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (no such file or directory) E: Can't mount SDCARD:
    Which doesn't sound good :(

Thanks for your input though.

4. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Maybe it would be possible to get to a computer than handles ADB and reflash the recovery image..?

5. Lechy

I have tried, I've got the SDK pack with the ADB tools etc on Win 7 Pro x64 and on Windows XP. Although I will try and connect another harddrive with XP on it and try it from fresh and see if I can get the ADB recognised via USB.

I'll report back to say how things went.

6. Lechy

Nope nothings been successful. I guess I've messed up the Custom Recovery somehow and partitions are messed up. Maybe a format of my SD card? Again has this got to be done a special way?

So, at the moment only have Fastboot access, and my device lists ok, but can't do any commands as I keep getting "failed: remote: not allow" message.

I'm stumped.

7. Lechy

Hi,

Hope someone can help, about this problem. But I think all it's comes down to now is getting ADB access via Amon_RA recovery rom, as I've tried everything I can do...

I'm running Window 7 Pro x64, previously the ADB was working, but after setting up some ext partition option accidentaly, (I think that it's linked to that), i've tried all options I know of by trying to manually install the drivers and removing them completely etc...

Main points, I can still access recovery image, and also the bootloader. I've succesfully flashed custom roms etc... before. And phone does not boot to rom(that's because I think it didn't install correctly, not sure)

So, i'm sort of lost now, just wondering if any developers here would kindly help or put me out my misery!

8. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

It sounds as if the handset's file system got messed up when you created the additional partition accidently. I think the safest solution is to reformat the card via the handset menu and then wipe/reset; it's a pain I know but this way you're sure of starting with a clean (and working!) slate.

9. evildude_69

evildude_69 New Member

Hi, i have exactly the same problem. Just wondering if anyone eventually figured this out?

I have an unbranded HTC Hero.

Same error message in system recovery E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (no such file or directory) E: Can't mount SDCARD:

When the phone's loaded it constantly says my SD is unmounted and i can't connect to my PC via USB, it says that it's an unrecognised device.

I've tried 3 different cards, none which mount although they work fine through an external reader.

I've wiped the system to factory default several times.

Yesterday everything worked fine until i (regrettably) decided to try my hand at installing a custom ROM.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

10. mavili74

mavili74 New Member

I had the same problem and still no usb access to my htc hero.
    I had half bricked hero, i mean i could have been entering fastboot mode but nothing else.
    when on fastboot mode i was able to access sdcard and usb connection.
    it actually did. Then i copied heroimg.zip into sdcard and boot my phone by pressing volume down and power button. Hboot worked and installed the system.

but sdcard was not working , it was exclaming that sdcard removed while it was plugged-in. Anyway, i have read somewhere that if you send this command from your pc to your phone it would fix sdcard problem
    command : fastboot oem enableqxdm 0
    i boot in fastboot mode then send the command from my pc and reboot in normal mode, here we go, my hero recognised sdcard.

But still usb connection does not work in normal mode and i cannot access via adb.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?