RA_Heroc helpme?

Last Updated:

1. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having a heck of a time trying to update this to the new 1.5.2

I can't figure this out at ALL!!!

I have v1.2.3 and I have FreshROM 1.1 now, I just wanted to update this as well.

Anyone? Or am I not looking in the right place for the easy instructions?

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

don't you just put it on your SD card and flash from zip?

You might have to do a factory reset first, I honestly can't remember. There should be instructions on XDA, or similar forums.

3. NCKK

I need Special people instructions though.
    I'm still not sure how I got through the Rooting the first time...

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Haha, I understand completely.

Try this link: [GUIDE] How To Root The Sprint CDMA Hero (Windows) - xda-developers
    or this one: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!! Updated 12/6/09 - PPCGeeks

Those should help you with rooting.

Flashing the 1.5.2 image is part of rooting, at least in the XDA link.

EDIT: The minute you get it rooted, make sure to do a nandroid backup from the recovery console (black screen, green writing). I believe it's part of the XDA guide, step 8. Remember how to do this, as any time you do a ROM change, I suggest doing a backup. To get to this screen any other time, you can just turn the phone off, power it back on while holding the Home and Volume Down keys, then enter recovery (by pressing Home again I believe), and go to Nand Backup.

5. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

That just sounds like a lot of trouble brewing with future posts of "My phone wont boot what do I do"

If you don't know exactly what you are doing, read more, a lot more. All the information is there, you just have to find it.

I researched for a good 3 weeks before rooting. I wanted to understand what each image does to the phone and what I was changing.

6. NCKK

Been rooted since the last Fresh Rom (1.0) came out. I updated that to 1.1 on Tuesday I think. I did the research, for at least two weeks prior to the initial rooting/ROMing. I know what I did was right, it obviously was... Everything has been good. I just wanted to update to the new RA, and can't figure out how... I'm ******ed like that. I can learn something one day, and completely forget it the next. It comes with the, never stop moving, working 65hrs, and still finding time to play, and be with my wife, lifestyle... right? I know i'm not the only one around here that does that... :confused:

7. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

1. Find the recovery image you want and MAKE SURE IT IS FOR YOUR PHONE (should say in where you download it what phone it is for).

2. Write down the filename of the recovery image EXACTLY as it is written (i.e. RA-Hero-Recovery-v1.2.2.img).

3. Put the recovery image file on the SD card[​IMG] (not in any folders).

4. Download Terminal from the Market if you don’t already have it and install it (there are a few different terminals in the Market ,

5. Open the Terminal program and type the following (with hitting enter at the end of each line):​

su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/name-of-recovery.img​

6. In the above text, replace name-of-recovery.img with the name of your recovery image (make sure the .img is on the end).

7. Phone should pause for a second and then show you a new blank line. Turn it off and back on by holding down Home and Power to ensure it flashed correctly. Done.​

8. NCKK

I used Better Terminal Emulator, and Super User Permissions apps,

Both came back with the Force Close message.... Now I'm confused.

9. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

you need to reflash fresh 1.1 on your phone then do the steps i posted

10. NCKK

Nah. Just re-rooted my phone instead. lol.
    It's not hard, once people stop calling, coming in, and just annoying me (while im at work, not working... ;))

EDIT: I don't condone not working at work, I just didn't have a lot to do for the last couple minutes.