Rabid ROM Gingerbread Final for Skytex Alpha 2

1. Rabid1

Rabid1 Well-Known Member

This is the final for Rabid Rom Gingerbread 2.3.4 for the Skytex Alpha 2 AllWinner A10 Tablet.

[​IMG]

Changes:
    Wifi tweaks
    New build,prop for overall performance - I did not edit the build prop fingerprint for Play compatibilty.
    Vold.fstab edited to swap the external microsd for the /sdcard mount point. Tablet and apps will now treat the microsd as the internal user space. Supports up to 32GB. It is best that if you decide you want to use multiple microsd, always power off the tablet to replace the microsd, then reboot to avoid issues.

Apps:
    Overclock Widget - Overclock the A10 so far stable up to 1198Mhz (1.2GHZ) set min and max speeds
    ES Task Manager ---\
    ............................. | Great easy and free memory manager and file explorer
    ES FileExplorer -----/
    Root Explorer - For those who want more access and simple interface for file browsing.
    Cachemate For Root - One Click Cache Management
    QuickBoot for easy reboot and shutdown access
    CurveFish WiFi on-off
    Angry Birds Space Free

Due to some app issues a few of the apps are installed from the pre-install directory. This means the first boot can be slow after you get to the home screen for a couple of minutes while apps install.

You will need to add these widgets for ES Task Manager, OverclockWidget, CurveFish WiFi and Cachemate to the homescreen by long pressing the home screen and selecting them from the widget list.

QuickBoot Shorcuts are set by long pressing the home screen and selecting them from the shortcuts list.

CacheMate - run CacheMate once from the app drawer and check Include PowerClear then press clear to save this to the widgets settings.

Overclock Widget Setup - Tap the widget icon on the home screen . For best results slide your Min bar to 768000 and you Max bar to 1200000 then press set to it. This will not hold after reboot,but it will let you test. If you have any issue drop the max to 1152000. Once you are sure you are stable tap the widget then tap Advanced Settings. Under Screen On Freq Setting set min to 768000 and max to whichever max works best for you. Then scroll to the bottom and check Auto start on boot, then tap Save. OverclockWidget does have a safety feature should the tablet lock it is supposed to release the settings on reboot. I haven;t had an issue or tested it yet.

I have included a .zip that will replace the custom vold.fstab with the stock version should you wish to go back.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I was asked for the wallpaper on another forum, just google "ghost cat blue eyes".

Advertisement
  2. mrast

mrast Well-Known Member

nice! i love the mods you have done