Radio files

Last Updated:

1. Smokinjoe18

Smokinjoe18 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

With regard to phone calls dropping when on a nominal h/3g connection (as when i'm in the house i have a 3g/h reception 2 bars but when i pick the phone up it seems to drop out to g after a few seconds so if i answer a call on 3g/h a few seconds later the phone switches to g and disconnects me poor signal in the house i think but very annoying as i have to keep the phone on g only in the house and use wifi for browsing at the moment)) i searched for some rom radio files to flash to my rooted phone and found these 3 roms

[Radio ROM] Desire Radio Roms - xda-developers

Was wondering if anyone has looked into this and if there is anymore (possibly updated files) out there. At the moment i have downgraded to file 30.34 as this radio file seems to switch from g/3g/h the quickest and it's a bit more stable (still cutting to g connection once i've had the phone in my hand for a couple of seconds (think due to the receiver being in the bottom of the phone as someone else has reported), will check it's progress but all files give a similar reception.

Hope this helps people and we find a better more stable radio file soon :confused:

Thanks.........

Advertisement
  2. EmperorKabir

EmperorKabir Well-Known Member

are you saying that before you rooted, you could use 'switching' mode fine, but now you can't?

i personally leave mine on permanent 3g.

3. Smokinjoe18

Smokinjoe18 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I also have mine on permanent 3g but what i meant was when I'm in the house i get a nominal 3g reception 1/2 bars and when I pick the phone up after a few seconds it automatically switches to 2g as i loose the 3g connection so if the phone rings and I pick it up and answer it with 3g connection after a few seconds the phone automatically switches to 2g and disconnects the call. Was the same Pre and Post ROOT.

Tried all 3 radio's and I'm not back with the most recent one as it's best for battery life...

Hope this clarifies a bit better.

4. prawnjoe

prawnjoe Member

I need to change the radio ROM on my Desire, can you tell me or point me to somewhere that can tell me how to do it? Sorry for the noob question.