• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Radio files

Smokinjoe18

Apr 13, 2010
Hi,

With regard to phone calls dropping when on a nominal h/3g connection (as when i'm in the house i have a 3g/h reception 2 bars but when i pick the phone up it seems to drop out to g after a few seconds so if i answer a call on 3g/h a few seconds later the phone switches to g and disconnects me poor signal in the house i think but very annoying as i have to keep the phone on g only in the house and use wifi for browsing at the moment)) i searched for some rom radio files to flash to my rooted phone and found these 3 roms

[Radio ROM] Desire Radio Roms - xda-developers

Was wondering if anyone has looked into this and if there is anymore (possibly updated files) out there. At the moment i have downgraded to file 30.34 as this radio file seems to switch from g/3g/h the quickest and it's a bit more stable (still cutting to g connection once i've had the phone in my hand for a couple of seconds (think due to the receiver being in the bottom of the phone as someone else has reported), will check it's progress but all files give a similar reception.

Hope this helps people and we find a better more stable radio file soon :thinking:

Thanks.........

are you saying that before you rooted, you could use 'switching' mode fine, but now you can't?

i personally leave mine on permanent 3g.

I also have mine on permanent 3g but what i meant was when I'm in the house i get a nominal 3g reception 1/2 bars and when I pick the phone up after a few seconds it automatically switches to 2g as i loose the 3g connection so if the phone rings and I pick it up and answer it with 3g connection after a few seconds the phone automatically switches to 2g and disconnects the call. Was the same Pre and Post ROOT.

Tried all 3 radio's and I'm not back with the most recent one as it's best for battery life...

Hope this clarifies a bit better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones