• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Radio Interface Resource Shortage FIX

Im still with t mobile on the $30 a month plan.i switched from vm to t mobile when they started that plan in november of last year.i just got sick of always being throttled so i thought i would see how 4g is on the evo since its unlimited at least for now.

i probably will return the evo and get the nexus.its just a harder decision now since the phone is working so much better for me now.i will say one thing though my signal strength is a lot better on sprint(vm) then t mobile.

I thought the $30 a month plan included 5 GB of data on the promo online on t-mobile.com or in walmarts?

Upvote 0
it does but im a heavy data user so i always use up the 5gb before my next billing cycle.thats why when vmusocialcare told me 4g was unlimited i decided to test it out to see how it was.

Wow I can't imagine going over 2 gigs lol must be hella netflix over there. I use WiFi whenever I'm home so I barely use anything. That's still a great deal though. I'd take the Nexus and that plan any day except I need more minutes. 300 is just barely enough.

Upvote 0
Wow I can't imagine going over 2 gigs lol must be hella netflix over there. I use WiFi whenever I'm home so I barely use anything. That's still a great deal though. I'd take the Nexus and that plan any day except I need more minutes. 300 is just barely enough.

i usually go over the minutes too.i ran out of minutes on monday and still have 5 more days to go until my next billing cycle.atleast its only 10 cents a minute when you go over.

Upvote 0
Been silence on this thread for a few days now, any updates? Anyone making progress with Sprint or HTC? I have the same issues as everyone else and waiting around for a fix. Been in contact with Virgin angels a handful of times now without fix.

Does anyone know if this problem still happens with a rom? I'd assume so but was curious

Thanks

Upvote 0
Been silence on this thread for a few days now, any updates? Anyone making progress with Sprint or HTC? I have the same issues as everyone else and waiting around for a fix. Been in contact with Virgin angels a handful of times now without fix.

Does anyone know if this problem still happens with a rom? I'd assume so but was curious

Thanks

I've been on the sense 4.0 rom for 2 days now with no "radio shortage errors" or "sms" errors at all. So maybe it's a stock rom problem

Reactions: flboy91
Upvote 0

Thanks
I haven't encountered much problems the past two days. I've had VM , angels reprovisioned me twice 2-3 days ago. I am still seeing signal fluctuates.

Upvote 0
Has anyone received an error message stating that their text message could not be sent but your phone would continue to retry?

When I had my HTC Sensation (Stock ICS ROM) and was in an area with weak signal, I would get that message. Seems now the two times that I received the error on the Evo V occurred in two places I received that error message on the Sensation - basically cellular dead spots inside two businesses that I frequent.

I wonder - could this error we're seeing be popping up in lieu of the error I mentioned that I got on the Sensation ?

Upvote 0
Has anyone received an error message stating that their text message could not be sent but your phone would continue to retry?

When I had my HTC Sensation (Stock ICS ROM) and was in an area with weak signal, I would get that message. Seems now the two times that I received the error on the Evo V occurred in two places I received that error message on the Sensation - basically cellular dead spots inside two businesses that I frequent.

I wonder - could this error we're seeing be popping up in lieu of the error I mentioned that I got on the Sensation ?

Could be related, but the post above you experienced the error in a good signal area and I've also had an issue in the area with -51 dBm.

Upvote 0
So just a lil update, been runnin sense 4.0 rom for 4 days now and haven't had one radio shortage or sms error. Startin to think it's related to only the stock rom

Update: so I had my 1st sms error today running sense 4.0 rom. It didn't say radio shortage or sms error it just said failed to send sms message, if problem persists contact your service provider.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to do this...it's stuck on Contacting Ne
twork..... It didn't take this long when I activated it when I got it.
WAIT IT JUST FAILED. Did I just totally ruin my phone? FERK

No, no, this is just a software activation reset. The worst that could happen would be that you would have to call VM to fix or reprovision your services. Just try it again if it fails. Your activation is over the air, and once you have activated your phone once, it will remain activated as long as it gets a full update from the towers. This clears the data and redownloads that activation information, that's all.

For everyone else, I still continue to get the bug as well. It seems that JMZ's ROM gets it less for some reason, but it's still around and still does happen on my phone. Happens on Midnight for me all the time too. Last I heard from VM, they're now going to have the Engineering team contact me next. Now I'm really starting to get somewhere (last call from them I got was yesterday).

Upvote 0
Ugh are you kidding me??? I went through the whole reactivation bull and i got the shortage message again right away.
This is absolutely maddening.

Yeah, I've confirmed that although this method helps for some people, the error usually comes back. Just raise hell with VM and read my OP for the phone number and email you should contact. The only way I know how to fix it right now temporarily is toggling your WiFi and/or mobile data.

Upvote 0
I don't know why but I haven't got this error for a while now, a week or 2, wife hasn't either. But then we never got it that much in the first place. All together, I've got this error less than 10 times in the first 4 weeks, I'd guess. And none the last 2 weeks or so. I wonder if some areas get it more than others... for instance, anyone in Seattle area still getting these errors?

Upvote 0
They keep escalating me. They aren't denying the cause of the problem at all, but the description of the problem is complex and thus I have to keep moving up the support chain before I get to the real engineers before real progress can be made, but I'm working on it.

the last email i got from vm said i was escalated to the engineering department.i took back the phone before hearing anything back.i then bought a new evo a week later and when i activated it i had 3 texts from the engineering department at least that is who i assume it was from.the first one just asked if i was still experiencing problems.since i couldnt get back to them they sent a second text the next day telling me they reset my services and gave me some 1 855 number to call if i was still having problems.the next day they sent me another text saying the same thing as the second text.i really wish i wouldnt of deleted the texts since after 3 days of owning my now third evo i started getting the the -120 error again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones