Radio Interference ?

Last Updated:

1. viking blue

viking blue New Member This Topic's Starter

Last year I bought my wife a Cambridge 700something table radio....it's a nice radio almost a Bose (no flame please). Whenever I get near it with my Captivate it (the radio, not the phone) buzzes. The Radio is off, but off with the remote so maybe not really off, but asleep. In another room in the house there is a powered sub-woofer for the regular component stereo. The woofer does the same thing....buzzes when the Captivate is nearby. I have seen 2 other ATT phones do the same thing, but my old verizon phones never did. I sometimes notice interference if my Captivate is near my Panasonic desk phone at work, and sometimes it makes my radar detector in the car go nuts....laser alerts & K band alerts as well. I'm so concerned that I've been wearing a tin foil hat (again). Anyone have any thoughts on this? If your going to ask about the hat, its one of those 3 cornered colonial looking ones, very patriotic & stylish too.

Advertisement
  2. ageros

ageros Active Member

Are you running on Edge signal? Being on the Edge network with any ATT phone will cause this to happen(not sure about tmobile). I don't know exactly why, but I'd assume its the particular frequency that edge uses. I've also never heard of a CDMA phone such a verizon causing this to happen. Again, I'm assuming its because of a different frequency.

3. mash4077

mash4077 Active Member

I had have an epix that would cause my alpine stereo in my car to buzz if I held it to close to it

4. blackhemi

blackhemi Well-Known Member

its the edge network, its annoying, but usually repositioning the phone can eliminate it.