Radio Shack effed up my setup, Sprint fixed it

Last Updated:

1. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 5, 2010
    Well, I hit the RS on the way to work this morning. The $20 accessory credit was a joke since they only had generic sleeves, universal screen protectors that you had to cut out, generic MicroUSB car chargers, regular crappy headphones, etc. Nothing worth buying. I got a $15 pair of earbuds just so I didn't waste the credit entirely.

Activated and set up easily. After a couple of hours I found out that I missed a call. Figured it was just a glitch from the phone being updated in the system. Later, my girlfriend sends me a message saying that her phone was messing up and that she couldn't make a data connection. I figure with the way she treats her Pre, it was probably dying and I offer to check it out when I get home.

Well....eventually I am talking to a coworker who asks why I was calling from a 724 number. It finally dawns on me that despite asking the RS dude specifically to upgrade *my* line, they upgraded *her* line and activated the Evo.

Spent an hour on the phone with various Sprint people. Got the phones swapped but it used up her upgrade while mine is still there. Dude in retentions said that the best way to fix this without taking the phone back to RS as a return and then buying another one is to just keep the upgrade on my line and he would put a note explaining that when she wants to upgrade later this year, to use the upgrade from my line on hers. Hopefully that all works out so I don't have to call retentions again but eh...

tl;dr version: Shack sucks, Sprint, while frustrating sometimes, will fix you up. If it weren't for the stupid MIR I would never have gone to a third party.