Radio Shack Kicked me out

Last Updated:

1. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for the long rant, but I'm pissed off.

So I bought an Evo from RS in August. I had it for about 28-29 days when the Epic came out. I decided to take my chances on the Epic, even though the Evo was great. I took the Evo and RS refuses to let me exchange it.

They told me only the manager can do that, and he was not working. I said fine, I'll just cancel my line then, again they said no, they can't do that either. I'll have to come back tomorrow.

Fed up, I call Sprint and the csr was very nice abd asked me to give that store number so she can ask why they are refusing to help me. After waitinf 5 minutes she gets back and me and apologize. They told her they didn't have any Epic in stock so they couldn't do it.

I was pissed off, why couldn't they just told me that in the first place. I would of waited for it, but she said they just were not being cooperative. So fearing my 30 days will run out, I asked for my options since RS refuses to help me. She told me I could use my second line, buy the Epic and return the Evo tomorrow and cancel that line.

I went to Best Buy got my Epic. The next day I went back to RS and the manager tells me he can't cancel my line, I have to call Sprint before he could do anything. He didn't look too happy when I told him I was canceling my line and wanted my money back. I called Sprint and cancel the Evo line, and finally he gave me my refund.

Now just about an hour ago, I decided I wanted to add the Evo to my second line and went to another RS near my house and things were taking a long time. Finally they told me I had to go to a Sprint corporate store. I asked why he told me, because I just cost him to lose $500 in sales because I returned the Evo.

I was like WTF?? I never bought the Evo from your store. He said you'll have to buy the Evo from Sprint, I WILL NOT SELL YOU THE EVO.... So I called Sprint to complain and guess what?

I got sales and the stupid csr kept trying to sell me an Evo. I told her again and again, I don't want to buy the Evo from you guys, I'll buy it somewhere else, because I don't want to wait for the rebate. She kept insisting I buy from Sprint because they have insurance on the phone and if I bought it anywhere else, I would be screwed if anything happened to the phone.

I told her I will buy the insurance when I get the Evo, I don't want to buy from you guys. She tells me about a woman who bought the Evo from Best Buy and got it stolen and Best Buy refuses to help her.

Well no sh*t, her phone is stolen and if he has no insurances on it, she SoL. I again told he, I'll get the insurance when I get my Evo from somewhere else. She keeps at it and thank god my phone lost it's signal.

I got home I called RS corporation and they transfer me to the district manager in my area. I get the assistance and told her what happen and she said she'll give this info to her boss and she'll investigate it. I told her, I want to give RS my money but they refuse to take it.

So I'm thinking to myself, nothing will get done so I'm never shopping at RS ever again because they care more about making money then helping me out by giving them more money. Since a refund hurts their sales, I am not important to them.

Sorry it took so long but I'm pissed off. Never in my life has this ever happen and I've taken plenty of things back because of this or that and I've always went back to that store, where ever or whoever it is and spend my money there.

Advertisement
  2. mannyhernz

mannyhernz Active Member

Similar thing happened to me..except they gave me a refund and bought my phone from another RS..they ended up selling me my perfect epic!...

3. flonkas

flonkas Well-Known Member

Terribly sorry this happened to you.
    Just for the record, the radioshack here has friendly, reliable service.

4. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

Radio Shack is terrible to deal with. I also had a bad exchange problem with an Evo there. Never again will I buy a phone at R/S.

5. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

sorry for their sh.t issues!

6. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Oh well, sh*t happens. You did cost Radio Shack time and money by buying the Evo and then returning it, and then trying to buy it again.

Perfectly within your rights to do that. They're also perfectly within their rights to deny you future sale of an Evo.

Let bygones be bygones and move on.

7. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oh well, I went down the block to the Sprint store and now they have my money. Now I have my Evo and Epic to play with. :D

8. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

It's also perfectly within your right to come up to the internet, bi*** about them, and try to persuade as many people as possible to not buy from them :D