Radio Shack Online/Web Order Exchange Process

Last Updated:

1. s1dest3pnate

s1dest3pnate Member This Topic's Starter

My point of this thread is to see if anyone else ordered their Evo through Radio Shack online and if you have already begun the exchange process to get a non-broken Evo. Please continue reading...

OK, so I ordered my phone through Radio Shack online, on Friday June 4th (release day). I received the phone less than 24 hours later on that following Saturday. Needless to say, I was ecstatic.

But now, there's an issue (of course). I have hardware build 0002 for my Evo, so I have the screen lifting/light bleed issue. I contacted Radio Shack Wireless Support tonight (1-866-720-4181) and was told first off, that I would have to return the phone and once received, they'll send the new. I then asked if they could advance exchange the new phone first. They said yes but this would cost me a deposit of $250 plus the price of the phone (total = $450+) which would be refunded upon receipt of the old phone. They also mentioned that they are out of stock (no surprise) and that they don't yet know when they will have anymore).

If I don't opt for the advanced exchange, I'll be without a phone for who knows how long. This is not acceptable.

If I go for the advanced exchange, this is a lot of money out of pocket and is a big risk that I don't feel I should have to take. What if they don't receive my phone or a piece of paper that came with the shipment is missing and they say they're keeping my $450. I just don't want to take this risk.

I'm thinking about calling Sprint and seeing what they have to say. Maybe I can handle the exchange directly through them.

Any advice/suggestions/experience?

Advertisement
  2. s1dest3pnate

s1dest3pnate Member This Topic's Starter

I probably should have posted this thread in Support/Troubleshooting. Can a mod please move?

3. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member

im currently going through the same thing...but according to the manager he called mine in but hasnt asked for my phone or a deposit...hopefully he really did call it in...and the reason i am exchanging in case anybody cares is b/c when i turn off my phone it wont turn on until i take the battery out / put it back in multiple times and wont charge when that initially happens until it finally turns on...hardware 002...i havent heard of anybody else with this issue...hopefully i just got a bad evo...and hopefully i can get a replacement one with the quickness