Radio Shack sale $229 for Evo V 4g!General

1. Subzer0

Subzer0 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. metsfan99

metsfan99 Well-Known Member

Amazon has it for the same price (they actually had it for $227 and some change the other day) . Amazon is going to start charging sales tax in California on Saturday, so if you live in Cali., order it before Saturday to save the tax.
  3. jgriner

jgriner Well-Known Member

purchased at best buy, had them price match it, then bought a protection plan it covers accidental damage. such as running over by lawnmower. :(

as long as you can bring it in they will cover it(according to the sale guy)
  4. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Don't know about BB but I know that if you're doing mail order RS offers free shipping on orders over $50. Advantages of mail order by saving on sales tax plus the option of returning it locally if you run into problems.
  5. deathsled

deathsled Well-Known Member

If Radio Shack has stores in your state then you're going to going to get charged sales tax if you order it online. So unless you just like to wait there's no advantage as opposed to going to the store. Unless you count the gas you save as the advantage..
  6. magohn

magohn Well-Known Member

I picked mine up from RS for $229 two weeks ago. I think this sale is an ongoing thing. Nothing like instant gratification from the brick and mortar pickup. :)
  7. deathsled

deathsled Well-Known Member

Yup! I snagged mine on Sunday. The website SAID the sale was ending that day but I don't think it did? Lol whatever, their deception worked and I totally caved. :p

I guess one bad thing about going to the store is having the sales person try to sell you $40 worth of cases and screen protectors haha.
  8. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant that the free shipping offset the sales tax.
  9. matthewrocz

matthewrocz Well-Known Member

Sucks... i paid a total of $329 for this phone when it first came out few months ago, now it droped $100! wow. lol.. i just couldnt wait i was so sick of my moto triumph messing up all the time.
  10. magohn

magohn Well-Known Member

ha! Exactly! As I was paying I had to run the gauntlet of "Will you need a case/charger/screen protector/ etc" :)
  11. sounreal

sounreal Well-Known Member

Next time tell them OK.... "i will get them from off of eBay.
  12. whbisondtr

whbisondtr Well-Known Member

I picked mine up at RS for the $229, I was going to order from Amazon, but I wanted that day.. The CS there sucks at RS but I did manage to get an Otter Commuter case for it for $6 on clearance.. Not really important but wanted to share lol.
  13. godhatesnags

godhatesnags Member

got mine this afternoon at "the shack". they told me the price is going back up tomorrow and my paycheck dropped early. so..... pretty happy camper! looking forward to delving into the world of android
  14. MaddawgTL

MaddawgTL Active Member

I was told the samething but as long as virgin mobile keeps their price at $230 radio shack and everyone else will also.