• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Radio stability in 2.1?

jasonacg

Mar 11, 2010
Tampa Bay, FL
There's been a lot of talk amongst the group regarding Android 2.1. It's now been (kinda-sorta) out for about a month, and many of you have had a chance to thoroughly examine it and see what it can do, and how well it works.

I'm still at CL14, and I plan to wait until the official release (whenever that finally ends up happening).

Of all of the new bells and whistles, fixes, etc., my top priority is radio stability. For those testing 2.1, do you find the phone to be more stable? Does CDMA still lock up and force you to reboot, or has that finally been fixed?

If this still isn't working correctly, then nothing else matters to me.

Thanks.

I'm running 2.1 build dd10 and I have to reboot my phone at least once a day, sometimes more because it say's I have no service. Once rebooted it's fine. So if this is what your talking about I would have to agree pastafarian on this one, it happens way more frequently then 1.5, since when I had 1.5 I only had to reboot once or twice in a couple months.

Reactions: jasonacg
Upvote 0
I've never experienced Lock up in 1.5 or 2.1 and use my phone daily...I must be lucky or something. I switched to DD03 when it was first released then upgraded to DD10 and haven't looked back upon 1.5. Don't know how much of a help this is to ya, but it seems from lurking the forums that if you had data lock up issues prior to installing 2.1 that it didn't seem to fix it.

Upvote 0
I've never experienced Lock up in 1.5 or 2.1 and use my phone daily...I must be lucky or something. I switched to DD03 when it was first released then upgraded to DD10 and haven't looked back upon 1.5. Don't know how much of a help this is to ya, but it seems from lurking the forums that if you had data lock up issues prior to installing 2.1 that it didn't seem to fix it.

Do you use wifi? My lockups seem to occur mostly at some point after shutting down wifi. I now make a habit of rebooting the phone every time I end a wifi session.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones