Radio stability in 2.1?Support

Last Updated:

1. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There's been a lot of talk amongst the group regarding Android 2.1. It's now been (kinda-sorta) out for about a month, and many of you have had a chance to thoroughly examine it and see what it can do, and how well it works.

I'm still at CL14, and I plan to wait until the official release (whenever that finally ends up happening).

Of all of the new bells and whistles, fixes, etc., my top priority is radio stability. For those testing 2.1, do you find the phone to be more stable? Does CDMA still lock up and force you to reboot, or has that finally been fixed?

If this still isn't working correctly, then nothing else matters to me.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

I've experienced a CDMA lockup a bit more frequently on 2.1 than 1.5. Hopefully, it will be addressed in the release.

jasonacg likes this.
  3. tbag1122

tbag1122 Active Member

I'm running 2.1 build dd10 and I have to reboot my phone at least once a day, sometimes more because it say's I have no service. Once rebooted it's fine. So if this is what your talking about I would have to agree pastafarian on this one, it happens way more frequently then 1.5, since when I had 1.5 I only had to reboot once or twice in a couple months.

jasonacg likes this.
  4. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That's what I was looking for. I won't venture into 2.1 yet, until the formal release...when and if it ever happens.

5. StealthTH

StealthTH Well-Known Member

I've never experienced Lock up in 1.5 or 2.1 and use my phone daily...I must be lucky or something. I switched to DD03 when it was first released then upgraded to DD10 and haven't looked back upon 1.5. Don't know how much of a help this is to ya, but it seems from lurking the forums that if you had data lock up issues prior to installing 2.1 that it didn't seem to fix it.

6. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

Do you use wifi? My lockups seem to occur mostly at some point after shutting down wifi. I now make a habit of rebooting the phone every time I end a wifi session.

7. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I think the lock up issues are not dependent upon whether you have 2.1 or 1.5. I havent had as many lock ups on 2.1 then I did on 1.5. Its actually not much now on my phone.

8. Sphagnum

Sphagnum Well-Known Member

My phone has locked up like twice in the past several months, never since updating to 2.1 I rarely use wifi (like once a week if that), so maybe that's why I don't have your experience, Pastafarian

9. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I too, never use wifi. Nor GPS (except for navigation like 2 or 3 times)