[Radio] The Official Radio Thread

Last Updated:

1. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

And a beautifully rooted one with setcpu set at 768. They are great phones when OC'd. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Oh yeah, and I love the 9.01 radio. It's working flawlessly.

Advertisement
  2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Show me were I said they were.

This is just my two cents. the Eris is suck crap, Verizon gave me a free brand new Droid Incredible for it.
  3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Obviously some people like them. I know a couple of people who have one and are happy with it. You were not happy with yours and Verizon fixed you up in the name of customer relations. That's cool. In and of itself, that does not mean the Eris is crap, though you are entitled to your opinion in that matter. At the most it means yours was crap. I have seen people who think the Incredible is crap based on the anecdotally bad experiences they have had with their phone. Apparently some are also saying that once rooted and overclocked, the Eris can perform respectfully enough in their opinion.

Now, let's stop this and get back on topic please. Our point here is to help each other, at least that is what I thought the point of the forums was.
  4. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I was never deliberately trying to argue with you. You are right, I'm wrong, I re-read my post. the Eris is not crap. I thought it was crap, because I had a crappy experience with it. In fact I'm having no so great experience with the Incredible as well. I wish HTC could have made an Eris2. and put the snapdragon in the Eris, but who the hell knows why they didn't.

but again you're right, back to topic, has anyone seen ANY differences in the leaked 2.x radio from OTA 2.2 I haven't.
  5. dscribe

I'm not remembering 2.05 real well now but I've definitely not noticed any significant differences in the last two radio softwares. I have had some weird bleed-through and echo-back problems recently but now I'm wondering if that had anything to do with the radio softwares at all because today all has been great as gravy. I've never tried 2.07.
  6. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Sorry dude my post came out wrong, I didn't mean to say it like you'd be getting ripped out. I personally just wouldn't do it, cos I think you could do better for a little bit more money, that's all. no disrespect.
  7. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

It's all good, sometimes it's easy to take things the wrong way on a forum .
  8. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

((>_<))
  9. SynisterWolf

some one please tell me what the MD5 is for?
  10. dscribe

MD5 is for checking that files are identical and no changes or corruptions have taken place, either in name or content.
  11. SynisterWolf

so do i "need" to check the radio file before install it?
  12. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

When you download a file, whether it be a ROM or anything important, ALWAYS check the Md5, just do a google search you'll find a program to use, and it makes sure the file is correct and not correct, otherwise you could brick. a few minutes of time is worth saving a $400 bricked phone..
    SynisterWolf likes this.
  13. dscribe

Very good advice that I've not always followed in the past myself, but I do now.
  14. SynisterWolf

WOW i wish someone would have said this before i went crazy on installing roms and kernels... should i be worried that my phone might take a dump now? on the up side my company pays for my phone so if i break it they will get me a new one but im kinda attached to this one now that is all cracked out.
  15. SynisterWolf

also is a *228 needed after updating a radio file?
  16. dscribe

If things are working ok, just start doing MD5 checks from now on.
    SynisterWolf likes this.
  17. dscribe

Not necessarily. On the other hand, it won't hurt anything to do a *228 option 2 once in a while.
    SynisterWolf likes this.
  18. SynisterWolf

sounds good and thank you
  19. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I too have seen better results from the 09.01 radio. Just seems more stable/consistent I'm located in a low signal area and it's a touch stronger and doesn't jump around as much. Overall my 3G speeds are a little faster and more consistent on this radio as well. I'll update if I see anything different.
  20. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I wish I had seen this thread before I sent my phone back for a refurb. I think a different radio version would've fixed my 3G problems.
  21. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not. Nothing wrong with a refurb.
  22. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

The FRU I just got his better than the two brand new ones I had...
  23. mkarps

mkarps Well-Known Member

Loading up the newest 2.15 now to see if makes any difference. I haven't had very good call quality on any so far though.
  24. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

I was running 2.15.00.09.01 which for the most part didn't seem much different than the previous official radio, but Saturday morning I missed a call where my phone never rang, never displayed missed call but I had a new voicemail. I got paranoid (certain phone calls from work I cannot afford to miss) and loaded 2.15.00.07.28 back. Probably just a fluke but oh well... :eek:
  25. mkarps

mkarps Well-Known Member

That happened to me once on the official 2.15. Probably just a no signal area for a second .