Radio Time - WOWGeneral

Last Updated:

1. cmantelope

cmantelope Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just installed Radio Time on my INC - this is the first app I have paid for - and now my phone is truly indepensible...went looking for something to stream local am radio, and got SO much more

This thing just keeps getting better and better

CM

Advertisement
    veloslave, ig88, Taylored and 7 others like this.
  2. Soupdaddy

Soupdaddy Member

WOW, very nice app! Thanks for the info. I was using Iheartradio and Radio Time is 100 times better. I highly recommend!

3. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

Does this app only get local AM stations or all across the country? If the latter, I am definitely buying this.

4. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Everywhere.

5. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

only AM or FM too?

6. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Both

Oh yeah, if you don't like it, uninstall. If you do it within 24 hours you will have your money back.

7. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

I bought it, installed it and love it - the only thing is, when I try to go into the menu - it's asking for a login and password, and I've never set one? This was within minutes of installing it.

8. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

If you can't find a local station u like....email them and they should add it..I did and they had it on there in 2 days..

9. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Hmm.. let me see. Oh yeah, log into radiotime.com and set up an account. Then you can set your stations on the website, (way easier) and they will sync to your phone when you login.

10. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks!

11. just.some.dude

just.some.dude Member

12. ryanx27

ryanx27 Well-Known Member

Too bad non-sports AM radio is trash... how could any sane person with more than a high school education want to suffer through blatantly partisan hacks like Hannity, Glenn Beck, and Limbaugh? I'll take real news, thanks.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

13. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

I was hoping to stream the Yanks on 880, but they play the news during the game on the stream. Sucks...

bjanow likes this.
  14. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

I listen to Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN radio everyday on my way to work with Radio Time, it is so much better than i heart radio, i don't think I've had one FC since I bought it a couple of months ago and it connects almost instantly. Great app!

15. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

get one and you'll see

16. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

I've been using this now for weeks, i use it to listen to wgn 720 at my desk and espn radio. Its really nice and well worth the money. Hell when i'm driving and there aren't any good radio stations this comes in handy as well. Theres really no need for xm/sirius radio with this app.

17. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Didn't see much value in this app since I don't listen to a lot of radio, but streaming local market radio for listening to sports broadcasts would be a key use for me. I wonder if it is policy to block regional sports broadcasts. If so, this is a no go. I might email them to find out.

Edit: Okay, so it appears after a little more browsing on their site that this is simply a site/app that collects all the active streams. If your station doesn't stream its broadcast, it isn't on here. Thought maybe they were collecting broadcasts in local markets and streaming them which I suppose would have legal implications. Anyway, the stations I'm looking for don't stream. Even if they did, the games won't be streamed because this is usually blocked in favor of a revenue model (anything to siphon away your hard earned dough). If you were hoping for out-of-market access to your sports teams, this isn't gonna get it done.

jamor likes this.
  18. loowaters

loowaters Active Member

I'm not 100% certain of this but I believe online streams for MLB is the only sport that get blacked out... currently. Of course that could change as soon as the other sports decide to make it a pay feature through their own web sites. I do know that NHL games are available through online radio feeds.

19. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

In general, so do NFL and college football broadcasts. NFL has always been territorial so no huge surprise there. I tried college football two years ago and found out none of the affiliates stream games and that ultimately I had to go through All-Access which charges a subscription or single game premium. Hell, I even tried to use my XM radio (I pay enough for the damn service) but XM internet streaming blocks sports broadcasts over the internet. You can only get these through an XM radio/receiver. Seemed lame to have to sit in my car in my driveway for 3 hours to listen to the game. Fortunately it's gotten to the point where my team (Penn State) now manages to have all games televised between ABC/ESPN and the Big Ten Network, though it would be nice to have access when I can't be parked in front of the TV. Back when I was originally looking into this, TV wasn't always available and I quickly found out that if you're out-of-market, you're out-of-luck unless you want to pony up the cash.

20. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

I had been reading this thread and it sounds like this is a very good application.

21. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

OMG, me too. That's the one of the two reasons I got this app. I'm going to send them an email now. I thought it an aberration at first, but you just confirmed it.

22. sterdroids

sterdroids Member

You are 100% right! That is why you should listen to S A V A G E!

23. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Email them and say what? They aren't allowed to stream the Yankee game as part of their standard stream.

24. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

wow...i just went to the website and saw the little hick radio station that my buddy owns was listed on there...definitely gonna buy this! :)

25. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

only sad thing is....it makes my fm tuner obsolete :(

bjanow likes this.