• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root radio upgrade with S-OFF

The first time I installed it, it was pretty glitchy but I think that's because I was having TiBackup restore too many things from my 2.1 install. Right now I'm running one that adrynalyne uploaded without the radio since I already had the 2.15 radio (I think you can find this one in the 8/1 leak thread). I just did minimal TiBackup restores (SMS, contacts, some other settings) and the phone has been running flawlessly. I've also got the undervolt Hydra kernel installed and my battery has been amazing. After 24 hours off the charger I was still at 50% battery with moderate use the previous day, on the stock 1300mah battery.

This phone flies on Froyo with the right setup.

Upvote 0
lookup unrevoked forevor on google. read through the directions on their site carefully. if you agree to all their terms of it being your fault if you **** it up then go ahead and install it.

basically the steps are:
install unrevoked 3.0
download the unrevoked_forevor.zip update from their website.
put the unrevoked_forevor.zip onto your sdcard
reboot into clockworks recovery and install the zip from your sdcard
reboot phone.

to check if you have s-off reboot into hboot and read near the top of the screen.
it will either say s-on or s-off

anything i missed???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones