Radio

Last Updated:

1. socodef

socodef Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I installed the new Fresh 2.0b rom and also installed the new radio. I've been looking around for the last couple days and haven't really found an answer. Can I go back to the old radio? And more importantly, will I need too change it with the Official release of HTC 2.1? Or will I still be able to update it with this one?

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

You can go back, but it's risky, a few people have bricked going back, and others have been able to go back and forth multiple times.

As for the official update, I wouldn't even worry about it. There's no reason to update to the official version, considering there'll be some great custom ones out within a very short time of the release.

The radio update apparently works with every ROM, even the 1.5 ROM's, or at least it does from the reports I've seen. It should work just fine with any new ROM the dev's put out

3. socodef

socodef Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Perfect. I kind of figured that. I started with Fresh 2.0 and just installed DamageControl after I saw you're post. It's working fine with both. What if I need to take my phone in for service? Will I have to try to do it then?

4. tatonka_Hero

That's where the iffy part comes in lol.

Naturally, you'd want to RUU it and remove all traces of rooting to take it in for service. If it bricks, you get a new phone, simple as that. If it doesn't brick, you get your service done lol

5. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

Wish upon a star!

6. tatonka_Hero

Bricking is covered under manufacturers warranty, assuming it happened during an operation covered under that warranty. In other words, lie like hell (tell them you were updating profile or PRL or something), but you'll get a new phone lol.

7. aauussttiinn88

aauussttiinn88 Well-Known Member

i dont wanna speak to soon...but i think the radio update does actually help signal and battery...i get horrible service at work (all steel building built probably back in the industrial revolution lol) and 99% of the time my phone never gets a evdo signal thus killing my battery just sitting at my desk...but now my phone hasnt left evdo allday and batterys not leaking like an old barn roof. if your on the the fence about it i say do it just follow directions carefully..i think what throws people off is they are expecting to see like 4 bars all the time but thats not an accuate reading if you go into setting and look at your signal readout mine has been like at least 10 points better than normal just my .02 for people on the fence about it

8. chfields

chfields Well-Known Member

Once you choose to root the phone your warranty is null and void. Any damage done is your responsibility any attempt to revert the phone back or claim it was stock is FRAUD. Thats no different than installing a blower on your car, blowing the engine, removing it and having the dealer fix/replace it. Fraud is one of the reasons everything is so expensive, $500 for a cell phone, $30,000 for a car, $10,000 for 2 days in the hospital.......You may think your "getting over" on the companies, but they have the last laugh as those costs are passed right back to us consumers......

9. tatonka_Hero

I never said it was ethical or not fraudulent, only that it works. Let's not get into the ethical argument again. It'd be up to an individual to decide whether to do it or not

10. aauussttiinn88

aauussttiinn88 Well-Known Member

i know bickering it isnt gonna make a diff people will still do it...its like getting mad at someone on here who litters lol:p but i do agree that if one were to make that decision why make it public on here????lol

11. SeriousBlack25

SeriousBlack25 Well-Known Member

Most pple already know that Boy Scout :D

12. chfields

Tell that to the OP.........

13. MikeMcG

MikeMcG Well-Known Member

The reason phones are so expensive is because people are willing to pay a lot of money for the latest, greatest technology, that will be obsolete in 6 months :)

14. davec1234

davec1234 Guest

How's the hope & change working out for you?

15. chfields

What hope and change?? Just another fraud promising the stars and delivering manure....

16. chfields

Not even close...the percentage of people that buy that way is insignificant, any 1st year business student will tell you that.....the money is made in volume. For example, for every person that buys a $500 phone there are 100 who will buy a $50 phone... Do some research, you would be amazed at how much theft and fraud adds to the price of goods and services. Ask anyone who owns a business..........

17. Twice

Twice Well-Known Member

oh please. Not this again. The ethics argument is the next forum down

I am very interested in learning more about this radio business. I'm also in a sucky signal area at work. I'd try just about anything if there was a chance it'd help.

18. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

I was messing around today and found that the 1.56RUU reloads the stock radio.

TheGreatGonzo likes this.
  19. tatonka_Hero

but it's bricked some people, right?

It's good to know that it for sure works for some people, which means (in theory) it should work for everyone. But there must be some other factor that's causing people to get bricked by flashing back

20. MikeMcG

MikeMcG Well-Known Member

I used the RUU today and it did roll back the radio. No problem running it for me. I think I've unrooted three times this week....lol