• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Radioactive FroYo ROM v1.8.4 **9.2 MFLOP** **Moment-Acclaim Hybrid**

Well, I finally got around to running the battery down with 1.8.7 and boy is the meter off. As mentioned previously, I saw the meter slowly go to ~80% then move faster to ~35% then rocket down to 5%. Today, I got home just as the phone made it's plunge to 5%. I put on youtube and continously streamed video via ev/1x switching I get in my basement (burns through the battery) with the screen on for a full 1 hour before the phone finally shut down. Obviously 5% is more like 35-40%. The problem that may have me looking for a new rom is that unless this run out-recharge cycle trains the meter, I have to use the last 40% of battery life with the greatly reduced 5% backlight that Android forces.

Upvote 0
Just installed 1.8.7 yesterday and have a couple questions.

1. How do I uninstall Latitude and Places?
---I don't see it in Titanium backup or moment stock app removal
2. I installed my apps from backup through Titanium Backup. When I go to the market place downloads it doesn't show all my installed apps so I can't update them. Any ideas how to refresh or fix this?

3. Where can I find a theme to flash on to this ROM?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
The NY Football Giants?

Probably UK! GO Cats!

Lopez- You can remove it using 7-zip before installing the ROM or rootexplorer or adb into it and either should also work. Also, You would have to find someone who themed this framework-res speicifically to ensure it works with this ROM and doesn't change anything. My theme v.02 was based on this framework but it really wasn't completely themed. What are you looking for and maybe someone (including myself can come up with something for you.) SDX has some great themes that will work but I believe Noobnl uses a different framework-res in this ROM so any based of the stock theme would be slightly different and/or cause issues.

Zumaki-glad it is working now. Probably something that didn't get copied right. Glad it is working right now!

Reactions: gmjlopez
Upvote 0
Probably UK! GO Cats!

Lopez- You can remove it using 7-zip before installing the ROM or rootexplorer or adb into it and either should also work. Also, You would have to find someone who themed this framework-res speicifically to ensure it works with this ROM and doesn't change anything. My theme v.02 was based on this framework but it really wasn't completely themed. What are you looking for and maybe someone (including myself can come up with something for you.) SDX has some great themes that will work but I believe Noobnl uses a different framework-res in this ROM so any based of the stock theme would be slightly different and/or cause issues.

Thanks for the tip on removing those apps.

I am just looking for a general theme. I've never done one before and I'm tired of Laucher Pro slowing my phone down to a crawl at some points. Not really looking for something custom, just wanted to know what is out their for this ROM.

On a different note, has anyone gotten 9.2MFLOPS with this ROM. Highest I've achieved is 8.8FMLOPS on Linpack.

Upvote 0
I was talking about them but I gotta say I love European soccer and england has a lot of great players! MU!!!

Hey lopez, How about this? Kinda go through some of the themes on sdx for 2.1. I can theme the rom with just pngs so it doesn't slow down and send it to you if you like. It may take me some time but let me know what themes you like and I will do my best to get them in there for you. The only thing I couldn't get right was the battery as a percentage on that rom cause its based of the stock framework and not the RADFROYO framework. Khanning was the master behind that one.

Upvote 0
WHAT!!!!!!! I think he's talking about University of Kentucky "Wildcats" LMAO

Yes indeed. The Kentucky Wildcats.:D That's all we have here in Kentucky.
Out of curiosity, do you guys do a clean install when applying an update to the same ROM or do you install on top of the old one?
I installed 1.8.8 over 1.8.6, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Upvote 0
I'm using firefox and it's blocking a popup, maybe that's what you're seeing. There is a sponsored ad link for yahoo hotjobs just below the download button, but that's it. I also d/l the file direct to my phone(xscope) using the same link, no problem.

I'm using FF as well. I still got one pop up, but every time I clicked on the download link it just went to yahoo Hot job. Anyway I got the file, just waiting to get my new Moment so that I can root it.

Upvote 0
Yes indeed. The Kentucky Wildcats.:D That's all we have here in Kentucky.
Out of curiosity, do you guys do a clean install when applying an update to the same ROM or do you install on top of the old one?
I installed 1.8.8 over 1.8.6, so I guess we'll see what happens.

No need for a clean install, flash away!

Upvote 0
It would figure... I just loaded 1.8.7 on it and now I'm two revs behind!

This ROM is great. It's buying me some extra time with this handset before I upgrade. Looks like I'll be able to hold out until closer to Christmas to see what Android 3.0 hardware comes out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't appear that there is anything huge in 1.8.8 or 1.8.9. 1.8.7 is running really well, so unless there is some big reason to upgrade, I'm gonna let this ride a little longer.

-SF

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones