Radioactive FroYo ROM v1.8.4 **9.2 MFLOP** **Moment-Acclaim Hybrid**

1. forty9er

forty9er Active Member

I am still on 1.7.8. It is worth it to jump to 1.8.9?
  2. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

It was a blocked pop up thing I had that too when trying to d/l from Mediafire. It was hidden down on my taskbar waiting for me to respond to it.
  3. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

My new Moment is already in today. Ordered it around 5pm Friday. Gonna pick it up after work then flash it when I get home.
  4. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

Good luck with it!
  5. SoulTerror

I like the new boot logo, or if it isn't new, I never noticed it before LOL. Still slow on bootup though.
  6. SoulTerror

I'm getting an error message when I try to do a backup using MyBackup Pro. Error is "Error during Backup: near "s": syntax error: insert into internal_settings values(8, 'noobnl's Radioactive FroYo v1.8.9')"

WTF?
  7. topher_csr

topher_csr Active Member

ever since i installed the rom my computer has not recognized my phone. it will charge but that is it. it wont even bring up the little usb icon on my phone. is there a what to unistall this rom?
  8. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

lol 1.8.10 is out now. says it fixes random reboots which seems like a worthwhile thing.
  9. f1fanatic

f1fanatic Well-Known Member

Ok, so I've changed my phone so much I'm not sure what I have. I know it's Joey's something with Root and recovery. This is what it says under About Phone:

Baseband Version: DD03
    Kernel Version: 2.6.29
    Build number: MeatKernelv2.0.6rc6 SDX-Developers

I had trouble with the computer installing the stupid USB Drivers in Windows 7 when I was using the Sprint Updater to drop in the DE03 .tar

I new I already had Joey's recovery so I just drop the Rad. Froyo 1.8.9 zip into the root folder and booted into recovery and installed.

It seemed to work and shows as my new firmware version. But does anyone see a problem with this?
  10. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

1.8.10? Not a great numbering system!
  11. SoulTerror

Mine does the same thing. I think the only way to get ride of it is to reflash.
  12. wihogfan

wihogfan Active Member

Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging

Make sure that USB Debugging is NOT checked and your phone should be recognized.
    SoulTerror likes this.
  13. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

Well I followed the video instructions and substituted the newest version of this rom for the joey one and everything seems to be working okay so far. It was actually a lot easier than I thought from all I read, guess it is something you have to do hands on. I think I'm going to add back most of the Sprint apps like tv I kind of like those.
  14. SoulTerror

That worked. Thanks.
  15. LaFlavor

LaFlavor Well-Known Member

I know that through 1.8.9 I was getting a runaway process again (android.idq according to OSMonitor). Just updated to 1.8.10 this morning. Had one reboot right off, but nothing in the 3 or so hours since. We'll see if the process starts up again. I honestly don't know if it's the ROM or the kernel. If I get it again, I'll try a different kernel.

On the plus side, the battery was lasting about 2 hours longer with the runaway process than it did when I had it with the beta 2.1 roms (6 hrs vs 4 hrs).
  16. f1fanatic

Well I got past the usb driver problem. But now in the updater, while trying to put in a new .tar file, it just stays on "ready" status during the download portion of the process. How long does this download take. I've tried re-downloading the .tar file twice now.
  17. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Well-Known Member

This might be a silly question, but... on the "ready" screen, did you click the start button?

I sat and stared at my screen for a few minutes before I realized I needed to click one last button to actually start the process.

-SF
  18. f1fanatic

lol, its a legit question. Yes. I click "start download" and the button greys out but it doesn't do anything from there.
  19. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

you have to hit Home to confirm.
  20. f1fanatic

I'm still trying to download the .tar file from the updater. I haven't even got to the radio froyo update in the recovery mode.
  21. simba007

simba007 New Member

1.8.10 on my moment is crashing alot. So far everytime it has crashed it's been in the market :(
  22. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Disregard what I said, carry on. :p
  23. wihogfan

wihogfan Active Member

Reading over on SDX- seems a lot of peeps are having that problem (and have been having it since 1.8.7).

I've been on 1.7.8 for a while now, but the old version of LauncherPro I've been using keeps crashing on my and I can't seem to update to the new version of LauncherPro, so I'm going to give 1.8.7 a try tonight (since it seems to be the last stable version).
  24. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

Mine had something strange going on the first time I used the Market where the screen would keep flashing really fast but it seems to have stopped after a reboot.
  25. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

1.8.10 is too unstable for everyday use, I've gone back to 1.8.7. I'm not even sure if noobnl has a fully functional Moment anymore, so that could be a big part of the problem.