• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Radioactive FroYo ROM v1.8.4 **9.2 MFLOP** **Moment-Acclaim Hybrid**

So, I'm using Interceptor v6 now. Do I just flash this on top of it? Clear Dalvik cache first, or after? Can/should I run the update.zip for customizing it?

It is strongly recommended by the guys at SDX that you go back to stock rooted before flashing Dearmas's stuff or vice versa. I'm of the mind to flash to stock anytime I change from one devs rom to another anyway. I use recovery system backup so that should I not like the new rom, it's easy to flash back to the previous and restore the system like nothing ever happened.

Upvote 0
It is strongly recommended by the guys at SDX that you go back to stock rooted before flashing Dearmas's stuff or vice versa. I'm of the mind to flash to stock anytime I change from one devs rom to another anyway. I use recovery system backup so that should I not like the new rom, it's easy to flash back to the previous and restore the system like nothing ever happened.
So, I've backed up in recovery. As I would with 1.8.7/11 if I flashed it. Can I restore the recoveries back and forth without reflashing to stock?.
I updated launcher pro today(Interceptor v6 ROM) and have experienced numerous reboots-- particularly when I had my phone in a car mount that is pushing both buttons on the right edge. I have had my phone in this mount before without haveing the reboot problem. I am also experiencing constant CDMA lockups both in and out of the mount. I had have had this occaisionally before even without using WIFI (as a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever had that after turning off WIFI) but never like today. I restored a backup from 7-25 this afternoon and have not had any more reboots since. But I also noticed the version of Launcher pro is the same as I updated to this morning???? Does that make any sense?
I question again, if I flashed 1.8.7/11 (is 11 more stable than 8-10 have been?) would it make any sense to use a update.zip custom ROM?

Upvote 0
My personal experience version 1.87 has been by far the best for me so I'm staying with this one.But I'm very happy the guys behind this are still coming up with upgrades.Just a heads up when I first got 1.87 I did notice that my battery life was better than I ever got but somehow overnight the battery would be completely dead in the morning when I woke up.I figure it was the key lights app,it seems that I was getting text messages overnight and this app would drain my battery completely.I remove the app since I don't really needed and getting pretty much two days of battery life with moderate use.

Upvote 0
So, I've backed up in recovery. As I would with 1.8.7/11 if I flashed it. Can I restore the recoveries back and forth without re flashing to stock?.
I updated launcher pro today(Interceptor v6 ROM) and have experienced numerous reboots-- particularly when I had my phone in a car mount that is pushing both buttons on the right edge. I have had my phone in this mount before without having the reboot problem. I am also experiencing constant CDMA lockups both in and out of the mount. I had have had this occasionally before even without using WIFI (as a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever had that after turning off WIFI) but never like today. I restored a backup from 7-25 this afternoon and have not had any more reboots since. But I also noticed the version of Launcher pro is the same as I updated to this morning???? Does that make any sense?
I question again, if I flashed 1.8.7/11 (is 11 more stable than 8-10 have been?) would it make any sense to use a update.zip custom ROM?

1.8.11 has been pretty stable for me so far. It may even suffer less (but not none) lockups when compared to previous roms, though I really can't be certain. It certainly dfoesn't have the reboot problems of 1.8.8/9/10. I'm still rebooting after a wifi session.

I personally wouldn't use a sytem backup when going between different roms. I had a problem with the power off function of the end button not working. When a hard reset didn't fix it, I flashed to stock (issue gone), then back to noobnl's (issue gone) and restored the system b/u via recovery (issue back). It seems the recovery level b/u can bring a whole lot of baggage with it.

Do you mean you extracted Deamas's custom theamed launcher pro from his rom to use on another rom? I would only use his stuff with his stuff and use the official version from the market for everything else. He doesn't play well with others.

Upvote 0
Does anyone have issues with this ROM and Handcent? It takes 10sec to open Handcent and another 10sec to use it. Not sure if its this ROM or [Han] Classic_Noir for 2.1 de03 theme that I flashed. Everything else works fine.

I've had issues like this with handcent lately. It's happened on updated 2.1, and this rom as well as others. I hit the icon it goes to a black screen for 10 seconds then finally loads up. I was wondering if it had something to do with launcher pro.

Upvote 0
I've had issues like this with handcent lately. It's happened on updated 2.1, and this rom as well as others. I hit the icon it goes to a black screen for 10 seconds then finally loads up. I was wondering if it had something to do with launcher pro.

I don't think it has to do with launcher pro (for me) cause I'm using the stock launcher. I guess I will go back to 1.8.7 and see what happens from there.

Upvote 0
1.8.11 has been pretty stable for me so far. It may even suffer less (but not none) lockups when compared to previous roms, though I really can't be certain. It certainly dfoesn't have the reboot problems of 1.8.8/9/10. I'm still rebooting after a wifi session.

I personally wouldn't use a sytem backup when going between different roms. I had a problem with the power off function of the end button not working. When a hard reset didn't fix it, I flashed to stock (issue gone), then back to noobnl's (issue gone) and restored the system b/u via recovery (issue back). It seems the recovery level b/u can bring a whole lot of baggage with it.

Do you mean you extracted Deamas's custom theamed launcher pro from his rom to use on another rom? I would only use his stuff with his stuff and use the official version from the market for everything else. He doesn't play well with others.
No, I was still using his v6 when the update to launcher pro came thru the market. I was stable before that then all hell broke loose with reboots and lockups. His v7 doesn't use launcher pro.

Upvote 0
Can anyone help me with this crap....LOL
I have been trying and trying to flash the phone as per the instructions using the DE03.....
The computer does not see my phone at all.
I have uninstalled all samsung drivers etc...rebooted both phone and computer...checked and usb debugging is unchecked.....
I just don't get it.
Can I use the newest updater and root the phone with this or not?
I may have to just stick with stock 2.1 cause nothing seems to work...
Any help please....???
Thanks

Upvote 0
Can I use the newest updater and root the phone with this or not?
The official Samsung updater that they put out for the 2.1 update? If yes, then no- that updater can not be used to root the phone.

The official Samsung updater that came out when they release the first incremental update (before 2.1) can be used. There is a link to that updater earlier in this thread and links all over the SDX website.

Upvote 0
I tried installing a theme over this and when I did my calculator stopped working. Have anyone of you had this problem?
Yep. Common problem. The theme you installed likely included a 'skinned' calculator that this rom doesn't like.
Possible Solutions:
-Unzip the calculator apk from the rom zip and install just that apk
-Reinstall the rom and before you install the theme over it, delete the calculator apk from the theme zip.

Upvote 0
After transferring the zip file and trying to access it from the recovery mode, after I get the line that says verifying update package, I get E: failed to open /sdcard/update.zip No such file or directory E:signature verification failed installation aborted. Yet Astro file manager sees the file. Any help please?

Are you rooted and running an alternate recovery? If you're trying to flash radioactive, it's not named "update.zip" unless you renamed it.

And.....1.8.13 is up

http://www.sdx-downloads.com/devs/noobnl/noobnl-Radioactive-FroYo-romv1.8.13.zip

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones