Radios?

Last Updated:

1. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Explain to me the concept. I don't really understand it all and why i should have flashed from the standard radio. So teach me the diffs, and also how do i know what radio I have. Please and thank you :]

Advertisement
  2. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone? DX

3. ikon

ikon Well-Known Member

Radios are what control the cellular data of your phone, e.g. it's what enables your phone to make calls and send/receive data. Flashing a new radio is really the only way to brick your phone so proceed with caution. New radio updates have become available to provide fixes/enhancements such as signal strength, signal lock/switching. Stock Android radio I believe is ERE27. The newer leaked radio is ERE36B baseband version 4.03.00.21_2, the even newer leaked radio is ERE54B baseband 4.04.00.03_2.

I'm running the latest ERE54B radio and over the ERE36B radio I'm experiencing better 3g signal and it holds that signal better, I'm also been seeing about a 7% increase in battery life.

If you plan on upgrading your radio make sure to read the instructions carefull so you don't brick your phone. If you aren't much of a tinkerer or haven't rooted yet I'd suggest just sticking with the ota updates and wait for them to rollout the radio's.

4. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

there are several "stock" radios actually, depending on when you bought your phone you may have gotten one or the other, 27 or 36... the sense rom hosted at modaco comes prepacked with an updated radio image if you are a plus member.