Radioshack Preorder - Details!!!

Last Updated:

1. LisaFitz

LisaFitz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just left radioshack, since I know the rep I am golden with an early put to the side Evo but the deal is Saturday preorder starts and confirmed with 50$ down you get an additional $20 credit towards an Evo accessory!!!

Advertisement
    KoukiFC3S and kwaping like this.
  2. Kevliggidy

Kevliggidy Member

Radio Shack where I live starts TODAY! :)

3. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

I just called my local radioshack and was told pre-order would start tomorrow for $50 down and no $20 credit for an accessory.

My head is spinning. I am living in the twilight zone.

4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

bring this in to them when you pre order and they will give you the 20 credit... apparantly BB will match this offer as well and give you 20 credit IF YOU BRING THIS IN
    Cell Phones from RadioShack

5. skinnyguy

skinnyguy Well-Known Member

the RS rep i saw yesterday told me it would be out in mid june and tried to tell me the tmo hd2 was exactly the same thing.

I_Am_Incredible likes this.
  6. thedave1022

thedave1022 New Member

Anyone know what the pricing on the accessories will be? I know there was one leaked image with prices on only a few items.

7. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Heh, I called my local Radio Shack and that guy claimed that there would be absolutely no pre-order!

8. LisaFitz

Seems bestbuy has no plans on doing an accessory credit when you pre-order just went in there since the bestbuy and radioshack are right next to eachother and they wouldn't except it - The bestbuy as a side note had like 3 people pre-order as well already (they started a yellow folder for pre-orders)

Radioshack FTW!!

*This is confirmed via computer screen via radioshack (the accessory credit), also not so great but whatever so is the $10 add-on fee which is confirmed on the same screen :(

The rep said she even thinks they might be getting them in earlier than expected so they can play around with it - Hmmmm

9. dsarch21

dsarch21 Well-Known Member

my local radio shack said i can pre order tomorrow and that they do instant rebate, so RS for it is....only 4 blocks away.....

...and $20 accessory credit

10. lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Bestbuy is going to match the $20 Acc credit. Got their manager to sign the print off I took in form RS site.

11. dsarch21

dsarch21 Well-Known Member

thats good about the match but unless BB can move 15 miles closer, RS it is for me! I wonder why everyone seems to be down on RS??

12. aka Bueno

aka Bueno Member

Any chance you can find out what the non new-line price is at RS for me? Are they gonna match Sprint's $450, or Bestbuy's $599?

13. LisaFitz

Good luck with that, hopefully you won't get screwed last minute while your waiting on line with the rest of the EVO pre-orderes, not trying to sound harsh but at least the RS website confirms the accessory deal and is not a matched write off - :eek:

14. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Waiting in line? There is no line for BB pre-orders. Either the BB store would have already set an appointment for people to go pick up OR they're going to call a couple days before the official release date to set up pickup appointment time...LOL.

Just curious, what accessories will Radio Shack have?

15. lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Never had a problem with BB and price matchng, done it a few times. I casually brought it up when I was there for the BB Pre-order and the sales person asked to see the print off. He went over to the computer section to look it up on the RS website and came back and talked to the Manager and he came over and signed my copy and told me he would have no problem matching it if I go thru BB.

16. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I wonder what accessories they will have at launch. I wonder if they will be sprint/htc branded accessories or some other brand? Im guessing though that none of the accessories ill be 20 bucks. They will probably have some 30 dollar cases and other things, but you will probably not walk out of their with an accessory for free.

17. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

My Shack contact said the pre-orders start tomorrow, Friday May 14th. I'll ask about the $20 accessory credit when I go in the tomorrow.

18. horadin

horadin Well-Known Member

Here is the page about pre ordering it and getting the $20 card.

It's all on their site. I went into my local RS today and he said it was not in the system yet to pre-order but the employee found some info saying that it will be tomorrow. I will report back then. He also said they will hold pre-orders for 48 hours after the release.

Cell Phones from RadioShack

EDIT: just noticed the fine print even says 5/14 - 5/31. So that confirms it right there, preorders start tomorrow. $50 non refundable down payment.

All the details are in the fine print in the link I posted above.

19. Android 17

Android 17 Well-Known Member

So are all the reps saying the device will launch on June 4th as well? Someone said RS may get an earlier launch than BB.

20. Bic101

Bic101 Well-Known Member

But remember you have to pay $36 activation fee if you buy at RS (or BB) compared to buying from Sprint online, so the $20 bonus still leaves you out $16. Consider the online store as offering, then, a $16 bonus.

21. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

I'm a current Sprint customer, so there is no $36 activation fee. There is a $18 upgrade fee, but that is waived for Sprint Premier customers, which I am. Besides, I want my EVO on day one. I believe if you order online you actually don't receieve the device until a few days after launch.

22. Nitrousoxide

Nitrousoxide Active Member

Where can you buy it online? I don't see it on Sprint's store.

23. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

just spoke with a RS store manager. Full retail is 599 :( Called Sprint store and iT'll be 449 but first come, first serve on release day. Looks like Im camping out

24. hampstenj

hampstenj Active Member

damn I was hoping that RS would hold 72 hours instead of 48 cuz that screws me over so bad, cuz I leave on launch day at 8AM for a weekend conference out of town, I don't get back till after store closing time on Sunday.... in other words sounds like I'll have to pray and hope that my phone is still at Radio shack Monday morning.... gotta check with my store though.

25. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

can't believe yall would pay an extra 150 just so you don't have to wait in the sprint store line at 3am!

I must be a poor.