1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

RadioTime Issues

Last Updated:

1. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I decided to give Radiotime a whirl based on a few recommendations on this forum. I am having issues with it streaming audio, though. It just skips constantly, and I've never had that issue with Last.fm or Subsonic.

Is there a fix for this that you guys are aware of?

Advertisement
  2. TLDspectre

TLDspectre Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem - one particular station skipped constantly while others seemed fine. Try this - start the station you're having problems with, then press the "Choose stream" option. This should bring up a list of streams available for the station; play around with different streams until you find one that works without the skipping. That fixed it for me - hopefully will for you too! :D

3. Asterdroid

I tried that yesterday. Didn't help : /

It seems this is a pretty common problem with the app.

4. TLDspectre

TLDspectre Well-Known Member

Well that sucks. For me, I was having a problem with a local station whereas stations from across the country would stream fine. Using the above-mentioned method seems to have fixed the problem (so far). Is this a problem with all stations or just specific ones?

5. chrisg4u

chrisg4u Member

Been working fine for me on my wildfire, no skipping or anything, maybe its your internet connection.

6. Asterdroid

I can stream 256 kbps mp3s from my computer using Subsonic for the entire 2 hour drive to work without one skip. I don't think that's the problem. Verizon ftw.

Maybe it is an issue with local stations. I'll play around with it some more. It looks like an amazing app if I can get it working...