• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RadioTime + Shazam = AMAZING

MisterMixelpix

Android Expert
May 4, 2010
PA
So I like Pandora/Sirius and all that, but after a while they tend to repeat music. As a result, I snagged up RadioTime and started sweeping through the more obscure stations, finally stumbling upon Death.FM, which plays an amazing selection of more extreme metal.

However, RT doesn't TELL you what it's playing. I was wondering if Shazam would work in this situation, but worried that using an Android app to figure out what another Android app was playing would cause some rip in the space-time continuum. Still, braving the waters, I plugged my Incredible into my car stereo, fired up both apps, and tried it out.

The result? See for yourself.

qXck2l.png

And it did this for a good half dozen European and independent death metal songs. NEVER let anyone tell you Shazam can't find anything but the obvious songs.

Reactions: Rob_A

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones