Raging mad at my droid!!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so idk if anyone else has had this but my droid has deleted my text messages, all of them, TWICE. i all the sudden lose all my messages even the locked ones! has anyone else had this happen?

Advertisement
  2. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Ouch! I have not.. and hope not to.

3. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

I have had my Droid since day one and I haven't experienced anything like this.

4. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I use handcent and still have all my messages except those that I deleted intentionally.

5. matty1124

matty1124 Member

You know I did notice a few of my contacts that I text all them time erase on their own once I got around 200 or so messages... I didnt think anything of it though... I'm using alot of Gtalk now and have had no problems

6. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

pebcak error.

7. Legacystar

8. matty1124

matty1124 Member

Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard

hes saying its something we did.... although i didn't configure anything a certain way or delete anything... as buggy as these devices are I wouldn't be surprised if it was just that... a bug

9. Legacystar

yah i wasn't happy the first time but i just figured wierd error, but twice now!

10. chefboyardee

chefboyardee Well-Known Member

I'd say there's two possibilities here.

I know the default is to only have up to 200 messages in a thread allowed. Not sure what it does after that - kill the thread, or just start pushing the first message off as you get a new one.

The other option, much more likely, is that you have a 3rd party app installed that is hosing something. It could be a messaging related app, or just a random app not related to messaging that is screwing things up.

Got anything really strange/non-standard installed that could be buggy? I'd start removing apps that you're not sure about until you determine the problem isn't happening anymore. Then re-install the apps slowly one by one. Pain but might work.

Also I'd go set your messages to allow 999 instead of 200, just in case. I did that on day one so I can't verify what happens after message 200.

11. Mixmaster300

Mixmaster300 Active Member

If you go to your message settings there are two boxes to look for. One has a spot to check if you want old messages deleted and the other box you can set your limit on how many old messages to store. Hope this helps.

12. Legacystar

i don't think it's a limit issue cause it's even deleting my locked ones which it shouldn't do

13. dave412_4

dave412_4 Well-Known Member

I seen your picture before dude i want to say on verizonvoyager.org when that was the it phone.

14. chefboyardee

Ha! I also recognized his pic. Probably the same place you mentioned. The Voyager was what I left for the Droid.

15. neumannator

neumannator Well-Known Member

lol u wanna get over it? not even a big deal. use google voice if you wanna cry over it.

16. Legacystar

Hmmm don't remember tittling the thread " what other messaging app should i use" but thanx for you input jackass

17. chefboyardee

+1. I'm tired of people responding to simple "why is this happening" questions with BS like "what's the big deal" or "get over it".

If you don't have an answer that helps, how about keeping your mouth shut? It's obviously a big deal to the person posting it. Just because you can't see past your nose doesn't mean other people don't have a reason to want to save locked texts.

18. Legacystar

i think he thinks i don't like the phone and is being a defensive fanboy. i fricken love this phone but with the long list of what "Droid Does" i didn't think it would be Droid deletes your inbox lol

19. chefboyardee

Heh, I dunno where he'd get that idea from - your post was about a specific issue you were having and if anyone else had the problem. I don't see "DROID SUCKS" anywhere in your post :p

I hope you can find a resolution to your issue - I'd definitely look into what third party apps might be affecting you if changing the "200" threshold in the settings doesn't help.

20. Legacystar

fo now i disabled auto delete so we will see if it happens again. only other messaging app i have is SMS popup but it's been disabled for a few days

21. brandoshido

brandoshido Well-Known Member

I've never had that problem

22. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

perhaps you mishandled the droid. please note the following:

• [FONT=&quot]Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly, and children under 10 should avoid prolonged exposure to Droid.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Caution: Droid may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Droid contains a liquid core, which, if exposed due to rupture, should not be touched, inhaled, or looked at.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Do not use Droid on concrete.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Discontinue use of Droid if any of the following occurs: [/FONT]
      • [FONT=&quot]itching[/FONT]
      • [FONT=&quot]vertigo[/FONT]
      • [FONT=&quot]dizziness[/FONT]
      • [FONT=&quot]tingling in extremities[/FONT]
      • [FONT=&quot]loss of balance or coordination[/FONT]
      • [FONT=&quot]slurred speech[/FONT]
      • [FONT=&quot]temporary blindness[/FONT]
      • [FONT=&quot]profuse sweating[/FONT]
      • [FONT=&quot]heart palpitations[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]If Droid begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Droid may stick to certain types of skin.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]When not in use, Droid should be returned to its special container and kept under refrigeration. Failure to do so relieves the makers of Droid, Motorola Incorporated, and its parent company, Matsushita Heavy Industries Unlimited, of any and all liability.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Components of Droid include an unknown glowing green substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Do not taunt Droid.[/FONT]

23. ethan1013

ethan1013 New Member

The same thing happened to me. My suspicion is that the "Delete old messages" option is what deleted my texts. Since I text a lot and have no other messaging apps installed.

24. Legacystar

so u had this happen to yuo as well. your entire inbox gone?

25. ethan1013

ethan1013 New Member

Yes. I assumed it was that option that was the cause of the deletion. From looking around in settings.