• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Raging mad at my droid!!!!

Hey I have been having the same problem with my Droid but it happens about once a month and it deletes my Contacts(thank god they are backed up by google), recent call history, and all messages. What I wound up doing was calling verizon and getting tech support (I know, hard to admit but I thought I might as well try). While talking to some redneck call center guy (would have preferred someone in India who is nice). After telling me I had to reset the phone(which I was on and already tried multiple times) he told me to do a "hard reset" and reset it to factory default... ironically I was on the phone. After a small argument he told me that if I do that with him on the phone, and it keeps happening, I can get a phone replacement because of the warranty.

Long story short, no one seems to have a fix but if you complain to Verizon they claim to be willing to give you a new phone that "should" be working.

Upvote 0
Ditto. I lost all of my texts last night. It just wiped the whole effing thing, all 40-ish of my threads. Doubt it has anything to do with autodelete, because I'd never even seen that feature (until I went poking around trying to figure out where all my conversations were). No out-of-the-ordinary apps, either (or anything like Handcent).

I know it's just text messages, but I feel like I got punched in the stomach.

Upvote 0
This just happened to me for the first time today.
Only thing I noticed out of the ordinary was right before I hooked it up to charge last night I checked Facebook. When I tried to open my profile or check notifications I received an error message that stated data could not be retrieved. didn't pay much attention to that and went ahead and charged it.
This morning I noticed my message notification was blinking and thought I had a new message. I had one single solitary text, but it wasn't a new text. It was a text I had received and read about 3 hrs before I set it to charge last night.
Very irritating. :mad:

I downloaded several games on Monday, and 2 NPR apps yesterday morning. Think I'll get rid of the NPR apps for a start.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones