• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help RAM in the Spica

shmuel

Jan 25, 2010
Hey everyone,

I've been following Android for a while and think I might go for the Galaxy Spica/Lite/Portal or whatever they want to call it!

I was going to get the original Galaxy but wasn't so sure because it didn't have much RAM compared to other android phones. I know the Spica has a faster processor but how does the RAM compare?

I couldn't find anything concrete online and this would sway me over the original Galaxy (unless you have anything else to convince me either way)

Thanks guys!

Physical memory, and working memory are two different things. 2.1 update frees up more available RAM, as devast says.

When my spica has newly powered on, I have had up to 91 meg working memory free. And regularly float between 60 + 75Mb free.

If you use TasKiller remember to ignore just those tasks you want enabled, and to switch on AutoKill feature when the screen sleeps so unwanted apps are kept shut.

Also add the TasKiller Widget to your Home screen.

Reactions: Santoso
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones