RAM over used

1. smagesh89

smagesh89 Member

Guys,

My Galaxy S3 will always using min 600-750MB of RAM always.

This has happened after i did my JB 4.1.1 update.

if i kill the apps, still its resuming in 30 seconds and started to eat the ram like anything.

Any suggestions!!!Plz
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement
  2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Hey there and welcome to Android Forums. :)

Have you tried uninstalling downloaded apps one by one to see if any apps you put on the phone is eating up the ram?

DS
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Welcome aboard. :)

I hope you'll find this place useful.
  4. smagesh89

smagesh89 Member

@dragonslayer95 : Thanks,

But is there any android app to see which app consuming more memory.

instead of uninstalling all apps one by one. tat will b better i guess.

let me know if u aware any apps like dat.plz.
  5. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Hi smagesh89, and welcome to the forum :)

Is the RAM usage actually causing any problems?

Android is linux based, and the paradigm there is "free RAM is wasted RAM". So it's normal for any linux-based system (or any unix variant) to run with high RAM usage. Frequently or recently-used apps will be cached in RAM, rather than cleared out. This means that if you return to them they are already loaded, giving faster response and using less power than if they had to be reloaded from storage. Should the RAM be needed for a different app, the OS will clear one of the inactive apps from memory, but there is no advantage in doing this pre-emptively. So to me what you describe doesn't actually sound like a problem.

If you are seeing an actual performance hit after the JB update then I'd suggest asking in the S3 forum here, where other users with experience of that phone and software can advise. But otherwise I'd not worry about it at all :)